RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What's a fair price?

5K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  MWG 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 ·
Dang, That's about a $1,000 per month. Way high!

#5 ·
Going to start offering crate training up here for $650 a week!! If they bite down there, there must be someone dumb enough (oops was that my outside voice) to agree to it up here!! ;-)

#6 ·
Will it herd catfish like my 5 month old pup? Yesterday she got in the creek, and was chasing catfish until they grounded themselves. She may have invented a new water dog sport. Of course last week at the hunt tests on the first water mark, she got distracted by dragonflies 5 yards from the bird, after chasing dragonflies for a few seconds, she went and grabbed the bird after I reminded her to go get it. She nailed the second water mark. She was already out from over running the first land mark by 200 yards.

#9 ·
Has anyone seen the commercial by one of the phone companies about the super rich getting on a private jet for a basketball.game? They would probably pay and need the help.

#10 ·
My mistake. It's about $2,500 a month. Awful.

#14 ·
That's downright insane that they get clients, however, they must as they are still in business.

#19 ·
Cutty you have a good eye. The one in the middle on the floor must be the kennel person.

#21 ·
Being the Republican that I am I am impressed that someone has used the free market system to create a business that obviously is filling a need with people that are willing to spend the money.

Personally Doodles aren't my cup of tea but they also do not infringe on my rights in any way. Are they glorified mutts? You bet they are. Nobody is lying to anyone about what they are, like Silver Labs, so why the rub?

In comparison my nephew is a rancher and he works cattle with a dog that is intentionally crossed between a heeler and an australian shepherd. Its a mutt but it is the best damn cattle dog I have ever seen. If he wanted he could sell pups from her and get paid plenty for them. It's not his thing. I would not begrudge him for doing so.

If I could figure out how to get $10,000 for for a lab with 16 weeks of training I would do so.

I used to work in the meat industry and one of our clients did mail order. I asked, "How do yo get people to pay $18/lb for the same hamburger they can buy for $2 (obviously dated now) at the store." He told me that people that ran in his circle, the extremely rich, don't brag about how good it is they brag about how much they paid for it."

These people found something they can market to people with egos. In a free market society I say good for them. If the product is crap they will implode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.