The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: If RTF required all users to post by their real name:

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd go away. I only want to post anonymously

50 8.05%
  • I would support it 100% (or I already use my name)

571 91.95%
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF - All users by REAL NAME ONLY

Default RTF - All users by REAL NAME ONLY

The latest Bo Taylor hubbub has really got me thinking.

The person who started the whole thing backpeddaled bigtime when I PM'd asking for real name and contact information. To my mind, all users should be willing to let me know their real name. They all sure as heck know mine - and this person sure as heck know's Bo's!

I want to let you all know that when a topic comes up that involved defamation, accusation and general livelihood-inpacting stuff, it bums me out. It worries me, and it makes me question where RTF's involvement should be.

I want to know what your opinion is on RTF and the possible requirement of real names for all accounts.

Please take a moment to click a button.

I would appreciate any and all comments that you want to share in this thread.

Thanks! Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Kristie Wilder

a long time coming. i hope everyone "votes" it in... Also, set your board to require YOUR approval of incoming registrations. This will prevent cowards from hopping on, registering with a hotmail/yahoo/etc. account, posting something nasty and then bailing -- as it appears has happaned with the poster in question?

-K

I completely agree with Kristie
    Steve Low
    Adirondac Code Red MH WCX *** OS 4/16/00-6/27/09
    Lacrosse Adirondac Co-Pilot WCX ***
    Adirondac Lacrosse Navigator

I support it and even require it in my registration agreement on the forum that I admin.
    www.Junebugchesapeakes.com

CBR -"He'll outswim,outweather and outfight any other breed of dog on the marsh. He will be loyal to you and you alone, showing great (if somewhat rare) affection in his own way provided no one is watching. Bob Hinman

I have used shootem on every forum I am registered with since the beginning of time, and I am all for the change!!! Do it.
    Gotta Love It!!!
    Randy Fetherhuff

It is obvious what I think a person should use for their member name. But can you actually verify that the name someone gives you is their actual legal name? HPW

Personally I think it would be a real hoot to chase Bo around with the bus for a while, maybe not exactly run him under but maybe just a good old fashioned door pop or 2.

He's pretty quick, I mean it's not like we are jumping the curb after some blue haired little old lady.

Everyone use their real names and have the courage to stand behind their opinions.

Sincerely

Paul Cantrell
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Chris, no problem giving you my real name and info, and have shared that and met many RTF folks, but use a screen name becasue my wife is in the court system/law enforcement and don't need some idiot tracking us or our young kids down.
    A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down. -Robert Benchley

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    Personally I think it would be a real hoot to chase Bo around with the bus for a while, maybe not exactly run him under but maybe just a good old fashioned door pop or 2.

He's pretty quick, I mean it's not like we are jumping the curb after some blue haired little old lady.

Everyone use their real names and have the courage to stand behind their opinions.

Sincerely

Paul Cantrell
    LMAO!
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

OK!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge