RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Males Vs Females 2015

4K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  2dc 
#1 ·
Ok...looking for others take on this.

With my present Holland X Karma litter the 2015 vintage the calls have been all for males. The 2013 Vintage of the same breeding the calls were strongly in favour of Female Pups. What is the difference in 2 years. Granted there has been some derby success in the male 2013 pups but to me given the pedigree that alone should not have made the difference. Is there a over all rethinking on the male vs female on training. Dottie was NFC in 2013...Ammo was Canadian National Am champ so there still is successes with Bitches.

5 Female pups yet to go......So just picking brains of why.

Gar

#6 ·
You're not getting to the right people me thinks.
Girl puppies from a Chopper X Keila bitch bred to Holland aught to be very desirable.
Approach the pros who know your dog or pups from last litter for leads on folks who may be interested.
??

#9 ·
Murphy's law says whatever you have least of will be in most demand. Works every time

#14 ·
For me as as a recent buyer of 2 dogs with the intent of competing and breeding. I can say it made a lot more sense for me to purchase females than males. I think its easier to sell a dog that is bred from a titled female out of what ever the latest and greatest studs, or some of the older more well known studs. Then it is to sell stud fees from a dog that is a MH that has great breeding. Maybe I'm way off but thats what made sense to me. Now if I was strictly looking for a hunting dog or a dog to go and compete with, with no goals of breeding out, then I would probably go with a male dog just because thats all I ever had growing up.

#15 ·
That is a purely "it depends" answer.

Male vs Female has always been a topic of dogs people. It is a personal preference. I have had female dogs all my life (even before we had labs), so naturally I went with a female. Just what I am used to. That is all.

Joey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.