RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Need advice on lab breeders

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Redhead92 
#1 ·
Hello I'm in the market for a yellow lab female I need a dog that is high octane and ready to go, one that will make a great family pet as well. I'm not sure but would like to possibly consider run field test and get her titled. Which breeders in nc, va, ga is too line. I would like to keep it under or at 1000.00

#2 ·
Although price is often a factor .... do your homework not only on the breeder, but also on available litters before making a decision. Be sure to check to see that sire and dam have health clearances - hips / elbows and eyes - as a bare minimum. Personally, I would also want health clearances on CNM and EIC on both parents.

After health clearances, if you are considering hunting the dog or running hunt tests, look at the pedigrees checking for field titles (FC / FTCH / AFC / AFTCH / GMHRCH / GMHR / HRCH / MHR / MH) in the puppy's pedigree (CH before the name is a confirmation title vs a field title). If you can see titles like these in the potential pedigree, it shows that the pup has proven performance in the line.

Good luck with your pup!

#4 ·
I agree with what The Snows has said. You can also search the AKC breeders on the AKC website. I have found it extremely hard to find a breeder for myself. I want an amazing line, active and hands on breeders, CNM, EIC clear, OFA/CERF being a minimum of normal (prefer excellent) and want a chocolate or black male. I did find one breeder, but not all the dogs are CNM/EIC clear. I've been looking for a while now, but I refuse to give up. You'll find a breeder that will fit your needs. Make sure there's a health guarantee and understand if it is full or limited registration you will have.

#5 ·
I want an amazing line, active and hands on breeders, CNM, EIC clear, OFA/CERF being a minimum of normal (prefer excellent) and want a chocolate or black male. I did find one breeder, but not all the dogs are CNM/EIC clear. I've been looking for a while now, but I refuse to give up. You'll find a breeder that will fit your needs.
If you've got all that, why are you throwing away a pup from this breeder that doesn't have clear EIC/CNM? You do know that carriers won't be affected, right?

#6 ·
I agree with Wheelhorse. It is more important that they are doing the testing than being all clear. I glanced at the AKC website for breeders. I think you will find most of them are not field breeders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.