RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Trubute to Grady

10K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Whytey 
#1 · (Edited)
Tribute to Grady

I thought it might help the Baker's some to see and hear what an impact Grady has had on so many of us. My idea is that we post up pic's of our Grady offspring and just put a few words along with it. Not words of condolence but words of thanks for sharing some of Grady with all of us.

This is GRHRCH Kingseed's Little Miss Dangerous MH MNH 4 QAA2.
Stella is one of the happiest animals I have ever been around. Also one of the most talented. She loves to work and is one of the sweetest dog I know. I ran her at a Pat Burns training seminar and Pat told me she reminded him of Grady. Those words made me very proud of her and made me feel very fortunate to own such a fine animal.
Chad and Paige I cant thank you enough for allowing us to breed our female to Grady !!!!!!!!!!! Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

See less See more
#2 ·
Southern Cross at Sight To Sea MH, QAA DOB 11/23/11 Grady X Lone Lola Crosby has run exactly 7 Master Hunter tests , including the 2015 Master National and passed them all. He also QAA'd at his first (and mine) Qualifying stake ! I adore this dog, his trainabilty and spirit of team playing is second to none! Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed Labrador retriever
Dog Canidae Dog breed Sporting Group Carnivore
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

#3 ·
Pretty fitting tribute, Grady son Gizmo just winning the National.

#5 ·
Words cannot say the hurt my family is feeling. I have had 49 texts and 25 voice mails from my retriever family, thank you each and everyone.
But right now I'm so happy for AL Arthur and Bruce and Betty Hall. You God works in his own way on his time. AL and his wife have been fighting a tough deal with her health, she is such a classy lady! Bruce has been keeping his heart busy and the doctors in business!
My big guy is surely smiling on his son tonight!
Chad

#7 · (Edited)

HRCH UH Kingseeds Secret Agent MH MNH "Perry" Grady X Lucy
Perry is a beast, I was certain he would kill himself someday retrieving. I have never met a dog with less regard for its own wellbeing. If you threw a bumper off a cliff Perry would go. Perry is an extremely talented dog with loads of personality. Perry is owned by Wendy Mckeller-Swift and trained by myself. I promise you Chad if you spent ten minutes with this fool you would love him.

#9 · (Edited)
Grady's son: Blackswamps Spirit of the Wild SH AKA Harley We are working on his master, but I have a ways to go. He was selected to be the test dog for the Senior at my clubs fall test. He's one of the happiest dogs I've ever owned, one of easiest to train, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. Grady's granddaughter was retrieving at five months old to hand and sitting on her return with the bumper. I will be running her in JH this spring. His Grandson Stig ran his first derby at nine months old in Florida. Rest in Peace Grady. Time will tell the impact you have made on the world of fine retrievers.

Attachments

#10 ·
I will say Grady sure throws some good offspring, my Grady grandson has the same qualities I've read in this and other threads. His spirit, demeanor, drive and pride to stomp everything in front of him is amazing. Loves to train loves to play loves to sleep with his head on my leg like he is right now. His trial days start this spring and there is no doubt he's got everything it takes to be a bigtime success but first he's going to pick up about 500 ducks this winter with his buddy! Grady must have been on heck of a great dog, wish I could have watched him in his prime, Chad sorry for your lose and respect your humility in what was undoubtedly an unbelievable team.

#11 ·
Gonna pick up my new girl, a Grady grand daughter, Dec 5. Can't wait, as I've heard only such wonderful things about Grady. My heart hurts for you Chad.

#12 · (Edited)
Here is my Grady son! He is out of Grady X Sierra (Sire: Yellowstones TNT Explosion). He will turn 6 months old the 20th.

I cant say enough about him. Smart pup and has a great temperament. Thank you Grady and Chad for such a great bloodline. Grady, I wish you well in the big duck pond in the sky.

#13 ·
Dog Canidae Dog breed Labrador retriever Sporting Group

Here is our young Rip (Grady x AFC Widgeon) with Jason after a good weekend in a double derby. He won back to back Qs at Blue Ridge and Tar Heel last month, ending his young dog career with 14 ribbons out of 16 starts. He is just three and isn't ready to run with the big dogs yet, but we are happy with his progression. He is also a sweet dog who loves him some lovin'.

#15 ·
Been a Grady fan since before he was NAFC. Have two currently, Wager, QAA, and Maggie, needs two MH passes. Both outstanding housedogs, temperament as sweet as can be, trainable, no vocal issues and good looking. Was very sad to hear of his passing, knowing how much he meant to Chad and his family. We know how great of a competitor he was, it is easy to overlook, he was the Baker's family dog. Godspeed, Grady, you've left a legacy for sure.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

#18 ·
I've had the pleasure of running 2 Grady offspring. There was something about both of them that made me shake my head in awe. It wasn't there complete dedication water honesty or ability to breeze through concepts in transition. It was that look in the holding blind when they look up at you with those big eyes and say without saying a word perfectly communicate I'm with you 100% whatever you want I've got you let's do this.

Beautiful teammates perfect partners that want and love the birds even more than I do. I imagine this is what Grady had and part of what has endeared him as a producer to the hundreds of owners lucky enough to experience a small part of Grady.

Grady an incredible dog with incredible heart; field trials and labs are better off because of gradys and chads participation in the sport.

#20 ·
Yes , this is my Crosby , 100% team player

#22 ·
Canidae Sporting Group Hunting dog
Canidae Dog breed Dog Grass Carnivore

Here's my GRADY girl. HRCH Maegan's Cut A Prime Lean Grade MH. It's amazing what 5 years has brought. From the loving lil pup with tons of drive to the 5 year old she is today. Everything everyone on this form has said about Grady offspring is her and more. She is the by far the best dog I've ever own. This one will be hard to replace. Thank you chad for the chance to own one of your great offspring. God speed G-Man and save some ducks in heaven for us to retrieve with you

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
Here is my Grady sired boy when he was 7 weeks on up to 18 months and I feel extremely blessed to have him. So much I can say about it him and the rest have pretty much said it all, but one thing that hasn't been mentioned is my boy is a "Thinker" and so smart when he is faced with a challenge when it comes to training, HT/FT's or Hunting or simply just being around the house and hanging out with friends and family and I love him dearly and wouldn't trade him for the world.

#27 ·
I am happy to have a Grady grandson, Southern Comforts Aim Small Miss Small, call name-Gunner. Smart boy at 5 months and I'm expecting big things! Thanks Grady, Godspeed.

#29 ·
This is magnificent to read such nice stories of Grady's offspring. Its really touching- I can only imagine how it makes Grady's family feel to read these.
I love my Grady daughter- She has been such a willing , eager girl to work with. Learned everything easily. More importantly -is that she is the most comedic dog I have ever owned. She makes me smile- no laugh- every day. She is the happiest silliest dog on the earth- I'm sure of it. When I bought her, I had recently and tragically lost a young dog to a brain disorder. I was devastated- bought a new puppy of course. :) I named her "Good For The Spirit"- she has been that and more- every day of her life.
RIP Grady- thanks for my goof-ball "Crazy Spirit"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.