The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Phones?

Default Smart Phones?

Looking at the possibility of moving up to a Smart Phone. Just wondering which ones you guys are liking? Our local provider has the Palm Treo 700? Let me know which ones you like. I will be mainly using it for email on the road.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron,

I have the Treo 650(Cingular). I like it, but it is slow on the net browsing and email. The new Blackjack is suppose to be Broadband fast. Anyway I do like my Treo for being on the road and te PDA usage.

Hope this gives you some insight,

Tim
    Home to:
    Crusin' Hallowed Grounds*** - "Bones"
    (FC-AFC RSK's Smooth Sailing X FC Ozark's Cosmic Dream)
    Happy Hippie*** - "Ziggy"
    (FC-AFC Wood River's Franchise X FC-AFC Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog MH)

had the treo 650 - liked it - dropped many calls.

now have the blackberry - love it - seldom loose a call -

live in iowa.
    Dave

Stay away from the Treo 700W. I have one, and I can't recommend it to anyone. It fits my needs, but if had to do over I would look at something else.

Several of us at work have (had) the 700's and between lack of memory, and some bugs, and other weird things, I'm the last guy not to dump mine!

The other Treo's are great, good options etc, just the 700W doesn't have enough memory, so the phone regularly locks up, soft resets are weekly now.

If your provider is Verizon, look at the Samsung smartphone, everyone who switched to the Samsung has been very happy.

Treo 700P
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

I have the Cingular 8125 and as for a phone it is terrible but for email and plant monitoring it is out of this world.

I just picked up the Blackberry Pearl 8100 (cingular). It is my first smartphone. So far I love it. The phone is great and the features are pretty nice too,. It allows you to monitor up to 10 email accounts. The web browsing is surprisingly fast too. Check out myrateplan.com or wirefly.com for better prices than in the stores.

JET4
    Some people are like slinkies......
    not really good for anything
    but they still bring a smile to your face
    when you push them down a flight of stairs.

blackberry 8700c

Had it for about 7 months now. Great phone, great for email. Not bad for checking out the chatsites at work.

Tough phone also. I used to go through about 3 phones a year from breaking them or getting them wet. This phone has handled the abuse.

Also very easy to use.
    -------------------------
    Josh Conrad

Default Smartphones

I have looked at them all, and found while not as flashy as the Treo and the Blackjack, the Blackberry 8700 series is a workhorse and pretty tough so far. It is by far the best for mobile email, and with a few add ons software wise, it is good on the mobile internet stuff too. What I find most important is that it can be operated with one hand. The others require the use of a stylus of some sort. These are just my observations.

Stay away from the Treo 700W. I have one, and I can't recommend it to anyone. It fits my needs, but if had to do over I would look at something else.

Several of us at work have (had) the 700's and between lack of memory, and some bugs, and other weird things, I'm the last guy not to dump mine!

The other Treo's are great, good options etc, just the 700W doesn't have enough memory, so the phone regularly locks up, soft resets are weekly now.

If your provider is Verizon, look at the Samsung smartphone, everyone who switched to the Samsung has been very happy.
    The 700wx was released to alleviate the memory problem (2x the memory). Other than that I can really tell you as I just picked one up last night. I am hopeful that it will work nicely, otherwise I will return it.
    He's got a little Mississippi Leg-Hound in him. Once he starts though, it's best to just let him finish.