RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Not Presidential, but pure political.

777 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  YardleyLabs 
#1 ·
Just in case you hadn't been informed, this is what your elected elites are up to.

SHOCKING SENATORIAL VOTES

The following senators voted against making English the official language of America :

Akaka (D-HI)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Durbin (D-IL
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Obama (D-IL
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Wyden (D-OR)

The following senators voted to give illegal aliens Social Security benefits. Regardless of political party, these politicians should be defeated whenever they run to be re-elected. They are grouped by home state. If a state is not listed, there was no voting representative.

Alaska: Stevens (R)
Arizona: McCain (R)
Arkansas: Lincoln (D) Pryor (D)
California: Boxer (D) Feinstein (D)
Colorado: Salazar (D)
Connecticut: Dodd (D) Lieberman (D)
Delaware: Biden (D) Carper (D)
Florida: Martinez (R)
Hawaii: Akaka (D) Inouye (D)
Illinois: Durbin (D Obama (D)
Indiana: Bayh (D) Lugar (R)
Iowa: Harkin (D)
Kansas: Brownback (R)
Louisiana: Landrieu (D)
Maryland: Mikulski (D) Sarbanes (D)
Massachusetts: Kennedy (D) Kerry (D)
Montana: Baucus (D)
Nebraska: Hagel (R)
Nevada: Reid (D)
New Jersey: Lautenberg (D) Menendez (D)
New Mexico: Bingaman (D)
New York: Clinton (D) Schumer (D)
North Dakota: Dorgan (D)
Ohio: DeWine (R) Voinovich(R)
Oregon: Wyden (D)
Pennsylvania: Specter (R)
Rhode Island: Chafee (R) Reed (D)
South Carolina: Graham (R)
South Dakota: Johnson (D)
Vermont: Jeffords (I) Leahy (D)
Washington: Cantwell (D) Murray (D)
West Virginia: Rockefeller (D), by Not Voting
Wisconsin: Feingold (D) Kohl (D)

EVERYONE IN AMERICA SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS INFORMATION SO PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E-MAIL LIST.

See less See more
#2 ·
At the risk of throwing gas on a fire, I wish both my senators were on both lists. I was born in East Tennessee where, if there were an official language, it bore little resemblance to what is now spoken on national TV. Certainly when I left Tennessee at the age of 12 I had to learn a new language to be understood.

I moved to Switzerland where there were three official languages (German, French, and Italian) for a population one tenth the size of America. To graduate from high school, you needed to be proficient in two of the three Swiss languages and one other language. It never seemed to hurt their sense of national identity and their standard of living is equal to or higher than ours with a better educated population.

The Italian I learned in Europe helped when I moved to Brooklyn where Italian was the first language for many of my neighbors. The first generation immigrants, like the Americans I knew in Europe, seldom learned the dominant language well. These immigrants were accommodated and their children and grandchildren learned English without any laws to force the issue. If we evolve into a multi-lingual country and people are required to know two languages to graduate from high school I, for one, suspect that our education, our culture, and our economy might even benefit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.