RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

The Cookie Lady

4K views 32 replies 29 participants last post by  Scott Adams 
#1 ·
For those of you that know her, I don't even have to say her name, but Becky Mills is a fixture in the South at field trials. You never see her sitting around doing nothing. She is always there helping marshal the stakes and passing out those M&M cookies (my kids always fight over them). She is there to help even if she is not running a dog. She is always cheering for each and every dog (she might pull extra hard for a fluffy dogs). She is humble and always wishing she could help more.

I am just writing this to let her know how much she is loved and appreciated. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Thank you Becky.

Tall Pines Retriever Club

#2 ·
two thumbs up

#3 · (Edited)
You said it right Bubba, Becky is always on the go. Helping and cheering on the dogs. And she has good cookies to!!!!!!!!
GO MISS BECKY AND THANK YOU.

#4 ·
And the naysayers said treat training would never work.... I bet Miss Becky could get the whole gallery to sit, be quiet ,and even fetch for a shot at those infamous cookies.

#6 ·
When I started reading this I was afraid that something had happened to her. I knew her back when she ran hunt tests instead of (or in addition to?) field trials...I never got to try one of those cookies though. She is a sweet lady.

#7 ·
Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Miss Becky, much less sampling those M&M cookies, but this is great thread. In a world seemingly busting with complainers and haters, it's refreshing to see nice folks recognized for it.

#8 ·
I met Becky in Gettysburg at a Golden Specialty and we worked a station together. I won't lie-we haven't kept in touch over the years, but... ...when I lost Kate I was cut off at the knees. I rcvd a care package (including those cookies) from Becky that clearly had a lot of thought put into it. I don't think she knows how much that meant to me. Doesn't surprise me that she is a cheerleader for dogs & their people.

M

#10 ·
Good gracious, y'all. This is starting to sound like an obituary.
Y'all are awfully kind but the only reason I make cookies is cause I am too incompetent to do much of anything else.

#14 · (Edited)
Deep South Field Trial MVP

Miss Becky that is exactly the response I expected from you as I read this thread. I thought about how much you mean to the retriever community in the Deep South this afternoon and Bubba beat me to the punch. As of right now I personally appoint you the Deep South Retriever Field Trial Most Valuable Person. I don't know of a group of people, much less one person that helps more clubs (I count at least three, maybe several more) hold multiple trials year end and year in and year out with out asking anything in return. Thank you Miss Becky. The Deep South trials couldn't operate the way we do without you!

Miss Becky you are our MVP!

#11 ·
Miss Becky,

As someone who's been the recipient of your cookies more than once, I have to disagree!

While many of us are very appreciative of a letter or a postcard. (Yeah, I was born in the 60's)

We are almost just as appreciative of a thoughtful email.

An Internet post or a Faceook Congratulations is always nice.

But a phsical gesture of friendship, support, allegiance, condolence, or other such message - well, frankly, it is virtually unheard of in today's world!

There are very few Beck Mills in this world today. Bubba's right. And you are one humble lady, about which nobody would expect otherwise.

I'm thankful to have crossed paths with the original! We appreciate you Becky Mills!

Sincerely, Chris

#12 ·
We could make this a game rivaling the really long thread about the swishy handler. Stake your claim. I know when I first met her.

#13 ·
I've never met Miss Becky or had her famous M&M cookies, but I was lucky enough to win a benefit auction of some of her wonderful peanut butter dog biscuits. The gang was ecstatic and gave her an all paws up rating! A very special lady for sure. ;)

#18 ·
I have been out of the FT scene for a while but Becky always ends up sending us cookies when ever she is training with Pat on the farm. She is what websters defines as a true southern lady! Thank you for all you do for the FT community.
Chad and family!

#19 ·
I've been the lucky recipient of some of those mouth watering cookies and Miss Becky has sent some of her special biscuits to my mean ole Chesapeakes too. We've spent some time training together and she's as fine a guest as she is a friend, good sense of humor to go with that pitch in work ethic, and she's done a very good job with Mosby!

#20 ·
I am a recipient of Tea Cakes from Becky and they are stupendous!! Becky and I have shared many an adventure over the years and as good as the cookies are, Becky is the reason for our friendship - one special lady.

#25 ·
Every thread has described you beautifully, Becky. You have the innate ability to make everyone and their dogs feel as though they are special . . . always finding something nice to say, no matter the situation.

With certainty, I feel you'd do anything you could to help someone if it were in your power. At Tall Pines last year, Clooney began sneezing hard as he left the line and upon his return, we laid him down, and could see a long grass seed deep in his nasal passage. Originally from California, I thought of fox tails and was about to hyperventilate. Without hesitation you ran to your car and back with a pair of tweezers and plucked it out before it was inhaled any further! "Thank you" is hardly enough to say!

You, Miss Becky, are the special one . . .

rita

#26 ·
If I remember correctly, he did pretty well in that derby. Maybe Ms. Becky should get credit for those 5 points.

#29 ·
Marty and I got cookies today !

Cute side story - a few years ago Becky was experimenting with a dog treat.
She says to me " I put your cookies & treats in the truck "
I had a friend with me that wanted a cookie so we hurried to the truck
He grabbed the bag - there were 2 bags - the cookies in one bag and the dog treats in the other. The dog treats were bone shaped also. Well he pours some coffee and bites in the dog treat
He's chewing away - he keeps chewing and eventually says something like this batch isn't very good ! I said I believe you got the dog treats - he spit up all over the inside of the windshield
I laughed till I fell out of the truck.
I love this story and it happened at an Atlanta ht held in Griffin ga. So that tells you it was a while ago
The guy still wags when I say good job
Dk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.