The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for "drivable" stud dog

Default Looking for "drivable" stud dog

I am looking for a stud dog that is black, yellow factored or yellow. Must be an FC and or AFC or national, to breed to my yellow NAFC Cropper female. She is 8.5 yo so I don't want to ship her again or do an AI if at all possible. She has been bred to FC Dusty and I really liked his pups, so that was a nice cross. I plan to keep a pup so it would be nice to aviod Lean Mac or have him a few gens back to keep my breeding options open with the pup in the future. (I AM a Lean Mac fan) I would drive 10 hours or so to get it done if need be. I am in NE Louisiana. Watermarks the Boss was a possibility, but he passed away two weeks ago. Heat cycle due in about April or May.
    Any suggestions? Thanks, Paul

Might want to consider FC/AFC Trumarcs Storman Norman, owned by Mark Rosenblum and trained by Danny Farmer. Norman is out of Cosmo, and is a VERY nice dog. Was fourth place in Amateur All Age standings this year with 24 1/2 points. I don't think Norman has ever been bred and Mark told me he would cut somebody a very nice deal to get some breedings for him. That was last fall and that might have changed, but he will definitely be in your driving distance, and Danny runs trials in your area. Danny recommended Norman to me from the dogs on his truck when I was choosing a sire for Gracie last summer. Norman is only four and will be a player for quite a while. He's a very calm dog for a Cosmo son, and has a great water ethic. I judged him with Mitch Patterson when he won the Open that titled him. He was the only dog to stay in the water and dig out the long retired in the last series. Fought a 25 mph crosswind to stay in and win the trial.

I haven't been able to find any evidence that Norman has OFA or CERF clearances and neither has his mother. Only one pup from that litter has OFA clearances. That might be the reason no one wants to breed to him.

As an aside (don't mean to hijack thread) I know of one breeder who drove over 1800 miles to get a natuaral breeding for her AFC bitch -- now that's what I call dedication
    "When dogs make mistakes, don't hold it against the dog! Point the finger at yourself." -- Rex Carr

Happiness is puppy breath!!!!!

"FC" stands for Friend and Companion!!!!!

Ducksoup Kennels
    Home Of The Springwaters Quick To Maxx (my "FC")
    Mike Ormsby, Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ducksoup
    As an aside (don't mean to hijack thread) I know of one breeder who drove over 1800 miles to get a natuaral breeding for her AFC bitch -- now that's what I call dedication

Back when I first bred my YLF to FC-AFC Jamie, we drove from Bryan, TX (90 mi NW of Houston) to Louisville, KY in order to do a live breeding. I kept a male from that litter who went on to run the 05 Master National. 8)

You might ask Steve or Emily if they have any Jamie offspring with an FC title. You would get Lean Mac in the pedigree, but it would be 3 generations back...
    --
    Chris Barnes

Paul here are a few you can drive to.

FC AFC High Tech Ceo on Forry's Truck in SC for the winter

FC AFC Esprit's Power Play "Pow" in TX for the winter

AFC Hawkeye's Viking not sure where but runs FT in FL and GA.

FC Colonel Bowies Revenge (Yellow) is on Karl Gunzer's truck

FC AFC Forland's Bored Out Ford

CNFC FC AFC Comstock's Bodaceous is on Alan Pleasant's truck in NC

FC My Name is Bocephus

FC Hawkeye's Red White & Blue "Banner" on Dave Mosher's truck winters in South East TX and I believe is running a FT soon in LA.
    Greg Seddon
    CFC HRCH Gunner, Flight Interceptor SH
    Gates Smoky Mountain Treasure QAA

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just out of curiosity, how many times has this bitch been bred?
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset
    Looks like every time some comes in heat according to the classified page

Quote Originally Posted by chester
    Looks like every time some comes in heat according to the classified page

Hmmm - I sure didn't get that impression. This looks like a nice bitch being bred to top of the line sires. I see nothing to indicate anything like "breeding every heat cycle" going on here...
    --
    Chris Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by CNBarnes
    Quote Originally Posted by chester

Hmmm - I sure didn't get that impression. This looks like a nice bitch being bred to top of the line sires. I see nothing to indicate anything like "breeding every heat cycle" going on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowl Retrievers
    Alex, are you looking for him as a stud? I bred my Cropper bitch to him three times and got some super pups. Paul
    This is a quote from Paul on another post about FC AFC Jamie, therefore from what I can count Zoie is now 8 years old, she has been bred to Jamie 3 times, Dusty once and Gunner once. That is a grand total of 5 litters and now he is looking to breed her again for the 6th time. Theoretically you shouldn’t breed a dog before she is 2 years old, that would pretty much put her as having 5 back to back litters and now going for another. She is his dog and he can breed her as many times as he wants to. I was just answering the question from Hookset of how many times she has been bred.
    No criticism intended! Paul has chosen some outstanding studs to breed his female to.