The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanking your kids, go to jail. - GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG

Default Spanking your kids, go to jail. - GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG

This has nothing to do with dog training. If you don't like GDG, don't read. Go away, stay in the field training. Buy a golden, that'll keep you busy...

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story...f-62bdc12638c4

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Poor child, the investigator was right, there is no telling how long the child was getting the horrible punishment that some call "spanking". Even the name of the torture techinique causes one to grinch with fear. To think a young child at the very early age of 13 needing such a barbaric form of punishment placed upon him. I know several people who were 13 years old once and I myself was 13, after reading this article and speaking with those people who were at one time younger than they are now, they said they have never done anything in their youth to deserve a "spanking" "whopping" "paddling" or "beating". The child should seriously consider divorcing his parents immediately. Children have rights too you know.

This is the United States of America this form of treatment should not be taking place today, not in this country.

So you oppose spanking?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

I think you might be getting your chain yanked...

Nice piece of reporting there!! So, what did that sweet, little innocent child do to incur such brutal treatment?? And, how is the fathers occupation and place of work pertinant to the story?? Oh, that's right, since dad is a christian it's now newsworthy. In fact, that's the story! If you just read the headline you won't nkow that it was the the boys father who punished him. Since dads in jail I guess mom will do the spanking now!

Tom
    Tom Wall

I don't have kids so I'm kinda curious what people think. I grew up in a household where I was spanked, with paddle or belt. My grandma used to make us go cut our own switch from the willow tree. Let me tell you that little 4'11' woman could make her 6' plus sons and grandchildren straighten right up. It seems to me that growing up, despite being spanked at times, I had great respect for my parents and adults. On the other hand, I see kids today with no respect for adults, authority or society. I guess what made me think about this today is last night I was in Safeway and I watched a lady with about a 10 year old and that kid ripped that store up one end to the other, hit her, called her a bitch and rammed the cart into me while in the checkout line. I'm think to myself if I had done that when I was a kid, my dad would would have marched my butt to the car and 3 whacks later it would be yes sir and no sir. Dr. Spock has done wonders for society today with his methods. I don't know the answer, damn glad I have dogs...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

I'm a firm believer in spanking a young child. Spare the rod, spoil the child. BUT...... at 13 yrs of age I'm afraid it does not set the proper example of right and wrong. There are far more effective ways of punishment such as loss of privileges, etc. Just my opinion.

Arleen

Default 13's too old for that.

I don’t know about anyone else, but my Father felt it was his DUTY to whoop my butt whenever he believed it was necessary. I learned early that it didn’t where I was or who was around...it was always black and white. I’m sure that jail wouldn’t have changed his mind about his DUTY to raise me properly. But, by the time I was 13, my dad was using other methods to get his point across, and he began looking the other way a lot also.

In my opinion 13 is too old to be spankin’ and will lead to punches being thrown sooner or later.

Lee
    Lee

...you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

I was in High school and thought I was pretty cool and dropped the "F" bomb in front of mom and grandma. I next heard the ring of the frying pan hitting something only to realize it was my head. The stars went away soon enough and it was then explained to me again what I already knew. That was not acceptable behavior. I wish mom would have got one of those new fangled teflon and aluminum models when they first come out
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

If you were spanked right when you were little you won't need to be spanked at 13. You already learned what was coming.