RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Spanking your kids, go to jail. - GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG

12K views 70 replies 54 participants last post by  Pete 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Poor child, the investigator was right, there is no telling how long the child was getting the horrible punishment that some call "spanking". Even the name of the torture techinique causes one to grinch with fear. To think a young child at the very early age of 13 needing such a barbaric form of punishment placed upon him. I know several people who were 13 years old once and I myself was 13, after reading this article and speaking with those people who were at one time younger than they are now, they said they have never done anything in their youth to deserve a "spanking" "whopping" "paddling" or "beating". The child should seriously consider divorcing his parents immediately. Children have rights too you know.

This is the United States of America this form of treatment should not be taking place today, not in this country.

#5 ·
Nice piece of reporting there!! So, what did that sweet, little innocent child do to incur such brutal treatment?? And, how is the fathers occupation and place of work pertinant to the story?? Oh, that's right, since dad is a christian it's now newsworthy. In fact, that's the story! If you just read the headline you won't nkow that it was the the boys father who punished him. Since dads in jail I guess mom will do the spanking now!

Tom

#6 ·
I don't have kids so I'm kinda curious what people think. I grew up in a household where I was spanked, with paddle or belt. My grandma used to make us go cut our own switch from the willow tree. Let me tell you that little 4'11' woman could make her 6' plus sons and grandchildren straighten right up. It seems to me that growing up, despite being spanked at times, I had great respect for my parents and adults. On the other hand, I see kids today with no respect for adults, authority or society. I guess what made me think about this today is last night I was in Safeway and I watched a lady with about a 10 year old and that kid ripped that store up one end to the other, hit her, called her a bitch and rammed the cart into me while in the checkout line. I'm think to myself if I had done that when I was a kid, my dad would would have marched my butt to the car and 3 whacks later it would be yes sir and no sir. Dr. Spock has done wonders for society today with his methods. I don't know the answer, damn glad I have dogs...

/Paul

#7 ·
I'm a firm believer in spanking a young child. Spare the rod, spoil the child. BUT...... at 13 yrs of age I'm afraid it does not set the proper example of right and wrong. There are far more effective ways of punishment such as loss of privileges, etc. Just my opinion.

Arleen

#8 ·
13's too old for that.

I don’t know about anyone else, but my Father felt it was his DUTY to whoop my butt whenever he believed it was necessary. I learned early that it didn’t where I was or who was around...it was always black and white. I’m sure that jail wouldn’t have changed his mind about his DUTY to raise me properly. But, by the time I was 13, my dad was using other methods to get his point across, and he began looking the other way a lot also.

In my opinion 13 is too old to be spankin’ and will lead to punches being thrown sooner or later.

Lee

#9 ·
I was in High school and thought I was pretty cool and dropped the "F" bomb in front of mom and grandma. I next heard the ring of the frying pan hitting something only to realize it was my head. The stars went away soon enough and it was then explained to me again what I already knew. That was not acceptable behavior. I wish mom would have got one of those new fangled teflon and aluminum models when they first come out :wink:

#56 ·
Aye Aye to that.

If I've spanked my three kids 6 times TOTAL for all 3 that would be a lot, never my daughter: besides shes the only girl and the baby.

My parents spanked all 5 of us growing up and all 5 of us grew up to be honest, hard working, good citizens. With the exception of me 4 off us got bachelors or masters. My mothers weapon of choice was an avon hair brush. My fathers was his belt. We we're fast learners

#11 ·
/Paul-

I am very, very upset by your insensitivity and I think Chris should delete this thread. How dare you say something like this:

Buy a golden, that'll keep you busy...
Hurt Not Mad Regards-

M :wink:

#12 ·
Miriam Wade said:
/Paul-

I am very, very upset by your insensitivity and I think Chris should delete this thread. How dare you say something like this:

Buy a golden, that'll keep you busy...
Hurt Not Mad Regards-

M :wink:
No matter how you look at it, shaving it, brushing it or buying a new bandana, it all takes time...

/Paul

#15 · (Edited)
Paul,
As a father of three boys 10, 7 and 5yrs they are either given long time outs or a spanking with three hard swats! Two for them one for me (hmm, sounds like an old school dog training truth). Their mother is stricter than I as I chalk a lot up to "boys being boys"! Like the other day my seven year old got the BB gun down from the gun rack and was handling it while I was at work. Well, ol' Mom wanted corpral punishmant but I hid a smile and said I would take care of it later...tonight after a brief but stern BB gun = Dad talk we will be plinking cans.
Peake - Who has fond memories of skinny belts and their sting....sure left a lasting reminder thirty years later.
________
What Temperature Does The Iolite

#16 ·
Spank um young, and you wont have to later

I have raised two pretty good boys, and I spanked them a lot when they were little. They joke now (they are 18 and 16) about being spanked with dog leads, plastic coat hangers, wooden spoons, belts, whatever "training aids" I had available. But I never left marks that lasted more than an hour or so, never ever bruised them, and I was alway swift and immediate with my correction. And I started when they were old enough to realize what NO meant, probably less than a year old. By the time they were ten, I didn't need to do it anymore, because they understood what was expected to them. Now, I ground them for the weekend, take their drivers license away, give them nasty farm chores etc. EVEN THE 18 Year old. And he still respects me in spite of it. I hate to compare it to dogs, but if you give the love and quality time they deserve, they respect and EXPECT the corrections when they mess up. My kids aren't perfect, they still do stupid stuff. But they fully expect the "hammer from the old man" when they do it. And they still sit on the couch with me in the evenings (when they are home) and we laugh at "My Name is Earl" together. You have to set the standard early, and stay the course. Just my two cents worth.

P.S. One of the better punishments I ever applied was forcing my son to ride three hours with me to a hunt test, and, with the exception of when I was running my dogs, I made him sit in the truck and read the bible. The WHOLE WEEKEND. He still talks about that one.

#17 ·
What labman 63 said. I'd also ad that if you don't believe in spanking kids, then don't spank yours; but I don't believe it is the governments business as to whether or not you do ao don't believe in spanking. IMHO
I'd also add in case your interested that I've never found it neccessary to spank my kids, just lucky I guess

#22 · (Edited)
I'm 77. Pop used a 1 inch wide, Cordovan leather belt and every six months he would whip me until I smiled. Hard to smile when your butt is putting off heat like a old wood stove :oops: Pop died twenty years ago, I still miss him and I still love him, and I needed whipping every 6 months because I was so damn bad AND predictable. Being good for 6 months was (and probably still is) about as good as I could go.

I think that a lot of the people I see out there today should have the same treatment and maybe we wouldn't have the need for so many jails now. I know, I'm old fashioned and behind the times, but the kid that can't say yes sir or no sir to me don't get squat. Guidance is needed!! :D Bill
________
Volcano vaporizer

#24 ·
Apparently those of you who have responded were raised pretty much like I was. I have had my butt busted a time or two, for things I did and things my brother did but they could figure out which on did it.

When I was a senior in school, I got licks, so 13 to me, is not too old to get your butt busted.

I think this was just another attempt for some agency to help us raise our kids the "right" way.

All for busted that butt when it needs to be busted.

What happened to holes being drilled in the paddle, my teacher in the fourth grade "Mr. Booty" from Ft. Polk, LA had holes in his.

#25 ·
Spanking is too Amish!

Best to use a new G2 500 - 2 child model. Much more humane! :eek:
For over 13 years old, get one with a long 32 inch collar that fits around the groin area. :p

#26 ·
My .02

I got whuped a lot as a kid. Some I deserved most i did not. i was the 2nd of 4. Oldest boy, Single mom for most of my Formidable years...
That being said. I adopted my Nephews in 1999. They were 3 & 5. We have ni kids of our own. So it wasa a HUGE Life changing Experience, One I would do again!, The boys loved to fight! When they did They got Spanked, Set on the couch Holding hands Saying I am sorry I hit you. Then came the Lies. I HATE LIARS. Knowing that about myself I implemented a Punishment - 3 Cracks on the A$$ with a Belt of theire choice, Mine (wide) theirs (Skinny). I am a former Marine. So i used other forms of Discipline, Pushups, Run in Place, Sit ups, Fron Leaning rest, 1/2 way down..... The list is extensive and I have done them all on at least 100? or so different occasions. They hated everyone! Now @ 12 and 14 I still Spank with the belt for lying. No Questions asked a lie is lie! My oldest one got accused of beating/choking his Girlfriend. When I found out I hung up the phone pulled off of the road and stopped my semi. I was PISSED!!! I called back and siad I am not sure how to react....... an investgigation was conducted by the school cop, principal and vice principal. She the (girlfriend) made the story up. I told my son i believed him. However if he was found guilty I was going to BEAT HIS A$$. Because no man has the right to hit a women unless his life is in danger!
So how any man can do that to the people to the people he is supposed love and protect escapes me! my son got into trouble @ home w/ his mom. She was mad as a hornet. She left on a time out. So my oldest one decided to run away. He was gone for 4 hours or so. I was mad @ the situation. I told him I loved no matter what! But I was hurt because I was not called before it got to that point. in the future call me.
Since I am a long haul truck driver I am only home 1-2 days month. I rely on my wife to handle things, and my phone to keep in touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.