The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tail gate step

Default Tail gate step

I am looking for the tail gate step with hand rail that mounts on tail gate.
    If i wanted it to be easy i would have bought a black dog. (i would like to retract this statement-i own one) Rocky Hill Retrievers

I believe I've seen ladders listed on the RTF -- just short steps or ladder like device that prevents dog from jumping in or out of the truck -- it fit into back of tailgate
    Actually just reread your post -- is this for you or dog
    "When dogs make mistakes, don't hold it against the dog! Point the finger at yourself." -- Rex Carr

Happiness is puppy breath!!!!!

"FC" stands for Friend and Companion!!!!!

Ducksoup Kennels
    Home Of The Springwaters Quick To Maxx (my "FC")
    Mike Ormsby, Ontario, Canada

I believe this is what you are looking for.

http://www.rodoncorp.com/truck/3.3.saftstep.html
    -------------------------
    Josh Conrad

Default tail

ACEBLDRS
    That is what i am looking for. Thanks
    If i wanted it to be easy i would have bought a black dog. (i would like to retract this statement-i own one) Rocky Hill Retrievers

That's the one I was trying to think of too -- just what the doctor ordered for an old guy like me (and obviously you young guys out there feel you need it too)
    "When dogs make mistakes, don't hold it against the dog! Point the finger at yourself." -- Rex Carr

Happiness is puppy breath!!!!!

"FC" stands for Friend and Companion!!!!!

Ducksoup Kennels
    Home Of The Springwaters Quick To Maxx (my "FC")
    Mike Ormsby, Ontario, Canada

I've had mine for almost a year and REALLY like it! Great for the dogs to use as a step to kennel'ing-up and for me to get up into truckbed. I ordered mine from stepnseat.com
    Takes 5 minutes to install...

William

mpage - that is the one Tony has on his truck... he really likes it and I like it because I can get in the back of his truck without crawling on and off the tailgate!
    Sheril L. Widner

Loved by:
    El Toro "Bull"
    Sugar Mill Katie "Katie"
    Sugar Mill's Pretty Woman "Julia"
    Sugar Mill Cookie "Cookie"

Forever missed and loved:
    Sunrise over the Jemez "Zia" JH QAA (7/28/03 to 5/21/11)
    Sugar Mill Peggy "Peggy" (4/7/11 to 3/7/13)
    Jasmine's Maid of Orleans "Jazz" MH QAA (7/14/00 to 2/3/14)

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Why hassle with installation??? Soon, you'll be able to have a truck with a tailgate step integrated into the tailgate!!

For the 2008 model year, Ford introduced the innovative, integrated Tailgate Step on the 2008 Ford Super Duty truck. This is an industry first. It is anticipated this will also be seen on the redesigned 2009 F-150.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Some people are like Slinkies.. Not really good for anything..
    But they still bring a smile to your face when you think about pushing them down a flight of stairs.

A mobile BBQ pit with an integrated step.....sign me up!

Ford halts sales of some diesel pickups

03:41 PM CDT on Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Associated Press

WASHINGTON Ford Motor Co. on Wednesday told dealers to temporarily stop selling certain 2008 F-series Super Duty diesel pickups after receiving reports of flames shooting out of the vehicle's tailpipe.

Ford said it was recalling 37,400 F-Series Super Duty trucks with 6.4-liter diesel engines. The majority of the pickups 29,000 were still on dealer lots, the automaker said.

Ford spokesman Dan Jarvis said it received three reports of flames coming from the truck's tailpipe, caused by leaking fuel that ignited in the exhaust system's diesel particulate filter near the tailpipe.

"It's really something that we noticed early on and we're moving swiftly to fix the problem," Jarvis said.

There have been no injuries or vehicle fires connected to the recall. There has been one report of a grass fire in Texas that was quickly extinguished, he said.

Jarvis said the flames could only occur in engines with leaking fluids, which he said was very rare. Two of the complaints involved leaking fuel injectors and the other involved leaks coming from a crack in the turbocharger shaft.

The automaker will have dealers upgrade software for the powertrain control module, which will power down the engine under higher-than-expected temperatures in the diesel particulate filter. Similar software updates will take place at the Louisville, Ky., plant where the trucks are built.

Jarvis said the stop sale order should only last a few days as dealers reprogram the software. Owners of the remaining 8,400 trucks will be notified about the recall in early April and will be able to have the software upgrade at no charge.

In a separate action, fewer than 10,000 of the trucks will have the battery cable rerouted to avoid chafing against a shield in the engine compartment that prevents water and mud from getting into the engine.

Ford said the recall does not affect gasoline-powered pickups or those with 6.0-liter or 7.3-liter diesel engines.

probably a better place for your post than here Roxie?

Vickie, thanks for the picture on that step. I sent mpage a pm about that step. I talked to the parts guy about a month ago. He said the new tailgate will fit my 06', but did not have a price.

I like that step, because it is all hidden and doesn't protrude out into the the bed, preventing things to slide over it. But, my reasons for getting a step is for my dogs getting in and out of my truck. I don't think that would do the trick without me building a removable attachment for it.

I would surely leave or lose the attachment behind.
    -------------------------
    Josh Conrad