The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the point ??

Default Whats the point ??

Checking EE for MY local club trial. as of now 47 open dogs 15 are run by AM's rumor has it that Eckett will be attending so that will add 20 more dogs. I am guessing another 5-10 more AM run dogs. Using the # of handlers will still be 15 of the 47 entries. I am glad I will be taking that day off work.
    This other game they have sounds more FUN everyday
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Default Re: Whats the point ??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein
    Checking EE for MY local club trial. as of now 47 open dogs 15 are run by AM's rumor has it that Eckett will be attending so that will add 20 more dogs. I am guessing another 5-10 more AM run dogs. Using the # of handlers will still be 15 of the 47 entries. I am glad I will be taking that day off work.

Other than Bill Sargenti and Scott Harp, no lack of Amateurs placing in these Opens from this past weekend.

Go get em', Steve.

CALIFORNIA

1st FC FARGO II - OWNERS JANE & JERRY PATOPEA- H-JERRY

2nd FC AFC Hightest Black Ty Affair - Owners Portia & Chris Hatch - H Chris

3rd Merlyn IV - Owners Jane & Jerry Patopea - H Jerry

4th - World Famous Magical Mischief-Owners Joe Grethcen Augustyn - H Bill Sargenti

RJ CFC CAFC Jazztime Last Chance V Pekisko - Owners Anna & Larry Calvert - H Larry

JACKSONVILLE

1ST- #43 FC-AFC CANDLEWOODS SOMETHING ROYAL - O/H KEN NEIL HANDLER- OWNER- KEN NEIL/ BRENDA LITTLE

2ND - # 47 CFC RPM FORGER - O/H ROGER & PAT MAGNUSSON - HANDLER ROGER

3RD- #62 FC AFC CFC CAFC JUSTIN TIME ZOES NINE -ON - O/H - BARB & JERRY YOUNGLOVE- HANDLER BARB

4TH - #25 AFC WEEZER RETREEZER O/H ROBERT JOHNSON

GOLDEN RETRIEVER CLUB

1st- Schattzie Nona Bauer

2nd Dyna (I think) Susan Kretchel

3rd One of Vickie's dogs run by Scott Harp

4th Jimmie Darnell- can't remember which dog.

Not sure about the Jams. I think Alex Washburn got RJ.
    Mark

When did Jerry Patopea renounce his professional status????

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G
    When did Jerry Patopea renounce his professional status????

kg
    Oops, my bad
    Mark

Default Re: Whats the point ??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein
    June 2nd and 3rd Steve in MN. Come up and visit the grandson. MH would look nice behind Gracie's name.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Steve

Thirty Five % (35%) of the placings in Open ALL-AGE stakes are done by Amateurs. This does not count the Co-Owned or failed to identify a handler which would make it higher than 35%. That looks like fairly good odds to me. While the Pro's may have advantages, the Amateur also has some advantages, just less dogs to try it on.

If you don't believe you have a realistic chance before you enter, it's hard to change that attitude. Many of us like the challenge of going against the BIG BOYS when we have the right dog!!!

Marvin Sundstrom

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Better research the "fun" in that other game. Look up the Ponchartrain RC's MH series this weekend. Master "A" has 55 entered, 27 already admit to being MH's or MNH's (trying to requalify for MN's). Figure they'll pass 20%; 11 dogs?. We un's is just trying to earn 1 more little 'ol pass!

When I came home with a 35% on a test score I got my butt beaten so bad I couldn't walk for a week and then got grounded for a month!

But when I came home with a 65% on a exam my dad would just look at me and say "you take after your mother", better study next time.

Don't worry steve, Eckett ain't coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is very little difference in dogs, but that little difference makes a big difference. The difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Dogs
    Better research the "fun" in that other game. Look up the Ponchartrain RC's MH series this weekend. Master "A" has 55 entered, 27 already admit to being MH's or MNH's (trying to requalify for MN's). Figure they'll pass 20%; 11 dogs?. We un's is just trying to earn 1 more little 'ol pass!
    I have not played the other game yet but will this year. If my little knowledge of HT is that the pass fail ratio should not matter as its against a standard not against other dogs. If the dogs are of caliber you say than I would guess 20% of dogs would fail.

Good luck this weekend.

Yes I will continue to trial just seems like the same odds as the movie "300" and I didnt like the ending
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Steve, does this "other" game you are talking about involves you getting one of those black dogs? Say it ain't so, you're not leaving us golden people are you?

Yes, in a 55 dog master, 55 can pass, but in a 55 dog open, maybe 7 will be there to get a ribbon.
    There is very little difference in dogs, but that little difference makes a big difference. The difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.