RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Anyone have any idea what they're worth?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Kristie Wilder 
#1 ·
I have the first two years of The Retriever Journal, in good shape with just slight cover wear. Are they worth anything? Does anyone have any idea how I could find out?

Thanks,

#3 ·
Thanks. I was beginning to hear crickets chirp in the silence... LOL

The deal is that I'm considering donating them to a raffle for a retriever-related cause. Obviously, I don't want to do that if they're of no value and nobody will buy tickets. How embarrassing! :wink: :oops: On the other hand, if they're worth 40 kajillion dollars, I may not want to donate them either! :wink:

I see someone has two years up on Ebay with a bid of $10, which really isn't all that impressive (sorry if the bidder's here!) but thought maybe the ones I have being the first two years, including the very first issue, might make a difference.

G
#4 ·
hhlabradors said:
Thanks. I was beginning to hear crickets chirp in the silence... LOL

The deal is that I'm considering donating them to a raffle for a retriever-related cause. Obviously, I don't want to do that if they're of no value and nobody will buy tickets. How embarrassing! :wink: :oops: On the other hand, if they're worth 40 kajillion dollars, I may not want to donate them either! :wink:

I see someone has two years up on Ebay with a bid of $10, which really isn't all that impressive (sorry if the bidder's here!) but thought maybe the ones I have being the first two years, including the very first issue, might make a difference.
They're worth something, but not a ton. May be better to sell them here or on Ebay and then donate the proceeds -- larger market than what will probably be at the raffle.

I'd say $20... Some of the earlier issues are no longer available. Might be worth calling retriever journal and see which ones are no longer in print. I know when i called to complete my collection there were some that are not available. But i want to say they were from odd years (like years you wouldn't expect).

-K

#9 ·
I have a complete set starting with issue 1, Vol 1. I priced them at $2.00 per copy. The shipping was more than the mags were priced at. Deal fell through. Do you know how much those things weighed? If I remember correctly around 50 lbs.

I probably have 300 lbs. of National Geographic Magazines in the attic. :D

G
#10 ·
Brevard Arndt said:
I have a complete set starting with issue 1, Vol 1. I priced them at $2.00 per copy. The shipping was more than the mags were priced at. Deal fell through. Do you know how much those things weighed? If I remember correctly around 50 lbs.

I probably have 300 lbs. of National Geographic Magazines in the attic. :D
Yeah, the weight is the problem... I bought 30 years of field trial news and it would have been something like $200 to ship, i forget. They're in big data binders and there are a few years in each and they have GOT to weigh 20 pounds... Thankfully, we were able to work it out where I picked them up at Dave Ward's place while I was at Wisam...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.