The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Golf Fans out There??

Default Any Golf Fans out There??

I used to be a Golf nut...not so much since putting on a "White" Jacket....but I have to say watching the Masters is still one of my favorite sporting events.

The colors of Augusta National are pretty cool to see especially when I'm staring out the window of my MN Home and all I see is white stuff.

Easter weekend consists of Eat...watch the NCAA Frozen Four Hockey Tourney...take a nap....eat....watch some Masters Golf....call pro and check on Dogs...go to church and thank the Lord for all he's done for me...nap....watch some more golf....Can't Wait!!!!!

Only variable would be wife and kids may have other plans for me.

Enjoy the masters Mark. I believe that the masters is the biggest sporting event in the US Is that correct ?or does the Grand Prix or the US open tennis rate better?
    We will be watching the masters here in Australia. Go the Aussies

Default Re: Any Golf Fans out There??

Quote Originally Posted by Markjens
    I used to be a Golf nut...not so much since putting on a "White" Jacket....but I have to say watching the Masters is still one of my favorite sporting events.

The colors of Augusta National are pretty cool to see especially when I'm staring out the window of my MN Home and all I see is white stuff.

Easter weekend consists of Eat...watch the NCAA Frozen Four Hockey Tourney...take a nap....eat....watch some Masters Golf....call pro and check on Dogs...go to church and thank the Lord for all he's done for me...nap....watch some more golf....Can't Wait!!!!!

Only variable would be wife and kids may have other plans for me.
    I hear you talking!!!! 4 Years ago I used to golf 5 x's a week and carried a 2 handicap! Last year I golfed 7 times 6 of those being tournaments.........this may be the most addictive game around!

Ping's are dusty regards,

Aaron

I took up golf around the same time I did the retriever game. I knew right away I was going to have to pick one or the other. And, here I am! But I do enjoy watching the Masters. Even got to go one time!

And Phil will be spending his Easter weekend watching television if he shoots another 76 tomorrow.

A friend and I went to the Colonial in Ft. Worth in 1968 or 69. Followed Jack Nicklaus for one round.

He hit a tremendous drive on 18 that was about 120 yards from the green but had hooked a little into the "rough". There was a huge "wax leaf" tree between him and the green. He stalked, and looked, then stalked and looked for what seemed like an eternity to us. Finally he pulled out a club and proceeded to whack that ball right through the middle of the tree. Leaves fell, one small limb fell and two birds got the hell out of there.

The ball hit just short of the green and rolled on for a long Birdie putt.

Some guy that evidently had had a few more drinks than I did yelled out "Way to go Jack, that's just how I would have played it!!!"

MR. Nicklaus turned and STARED that goofy devil down without saying one word.

Plus I saw my first live woman in a "see-through" blouse at that tournament!!! Been a rotten devil ever since.

Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"

[quote="Jerry"]A friend and I went to the Colonial in Ft. Worth in 1968 or 69. Followed Jack Nicklaus for one round.

Back in college I dated a gal from Plano and we went to the Colonial in like 95, hotter than haites, she got us into the corporate tent on like the 16th hole and we sat in air conditioning and ate and drank the rest of the day.....definately the best place to watch a golf tournament in that heat! One of you Texas guys might have to help me......we golfed that week at a Country Club in the Dallas area....I believe Las Calinas or something like that....nice place....group behind us had Bill Bates of Cowboys fame in it and the group in front of us had Bob Horner former Atlanta Braves third basemen in it.....cool place....very expensive if I remember correctly....

Reminiscing regards,

Aaron

Not a golf nut myself, but if any one wants tickets to the Heritage in Hilton Head next week, I have a few through my company.

2tall...sent ya a pm!

Well I keep saying I'm gonna go play, sure I am. I've played maybe 6 times in the last 3 years and probably purchased 10 sets of irons during that time, still have some that have never seen a golf course and probably won't.
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te