The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's in Charge at Entry Express?

Default Who's in Charge at Entry Express?

It's Friday morning in the great Pacific Northwest. When I look at entry express for the Running Order all I see is VIEW ENTRIES. What Gives?

Marvin Sundstrom

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The Club, not Entry Express is in charge of the draw. You can call EE but most likely the person doing the draw is the FT secretary.

Laura
    (A FT Secretary who uses EE)
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
    www.northmountainretrievers.com

Yep. The draw is in the hands of the event secretary now.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

I thought it was all done electronically. Having been drawn #1 Eight 8) times in 16 trials in 1 season I have no faith in anything other than the lack of bias in a machine.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Senior Member Sharon van der Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itilii
    I thought it was all done electronically. Having been drawn #1 Eight 8) times in 16 trials in 1 season I have no faith in anything other than the lack of bias in a machine.
    Even if you were #1 in the program, the DOW should set the starting dog, shouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by itilii
    A proposed draw is performed by the computers, the secretary then either finalizes/approves that draw (which posts the running order) or they can tweak the draw moving individual handlers, or that can re-run the randomization process as many times as they'd like... once they are happy, they finalize/approve the draw and post the running order.

You should email the club secretary if you have any questions about their running order.

As to who is in charge at EE... that depends on the issue. If you have a question or need to scratch or change handlers, etc... Stacey is in charge of all day-to-day operations, advertising, accounting, and printing - 501-255-0831. She, or Kristi, will be glad to help you. If your disgruntled, unreasonable, or planning to cuss scream or threaten... then i'm the person you need to call.

SM

kljohnston

using entry express for our march trial was a first for me and since i have recently been in the shoes of the nwrtc ft sec, i have this to say.
    a phone call rather than a nasty public forum posting would have sufficed to question the draw. i did not know that i was suppose to "push the button" on the draw, i just happened to be watching closely and noticed nothing happened after midnight. just because i dont have more of a life to keep me busy does not mean the other ft sec is irresponsible. she did not know that she was required to do anything for the draw to occur. i have given her a helpful phone call and she will handle it, probably as i am typing this.
    common courtesy with a phone call would have been more appropriate and productive than a posting on a public forum that she does not even read.

The real person in charge is the Stacey that lives in Ft. Worth.

Although, Shayne doesn't realize this yet but soon will find out the hard way.

Good luck my friend,

Gut
    These are field trials and the people involved largely don't understand a normal day much less a "normal days hunt".

common courtesy with a phone call would have been more appropriate and productive than a posting on a public forum that she does not even read.
    Yeah, but it wouldn't have been nearly as embarrassing as posting it here.....

Even if you were #1 in the program, the DOW should set the starting dog, shouldn't it?
    Stop using common sense, Sharon...that spoils everything!

Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

So how long does it normally take for the running order to get posted? I used EE for the first time to enter the Palmetto RC hunt test 4/14. Entries closed on Tuesday night, but no running order up yet. When should I expect it?