The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not looking good for my boy...(pictures, may load slow)

Default Not looking good for my boy...(pictures, may load slow)

Hi everyone, I haven't been around much lately but the latest update on Boscoe is very bad. He went into the emergency vet last night where he stayed and will probably be there until Friday, Lord-willing. His kindey values are so high they are absolutely off the charts. He's lethargic, vomiting, so weak he can't walk more than a step or two at a time. This hit very suddenly. But I feel horrible because when I started my new job he got a little mopey and I wrote it off as separation anxiety because I had been with him everyday for 3 1/2 months. And he was still eating and wanting to play. I feel horrible I wasn't pushing for more meds and fluids and was so worried about money that I let him get this far. The emergency vet says even if the IV fluids get his numbers down to where he can come home and start sub-q fluids, they are so bad they will probably spike way back up fast after he is off the IV. She thinks he's in the end stage and his little body can't compensate anymore. I feel horrible for letting how he acted dictate how I treated him I should have done more even though he was feeling ok. I should have done whatever it took and not cared about the money. I don't know how I am going to do it if I have to put him down. I called them this morning and they said he felt a tiny bit better but vomited 3 times, they gave him an injection for the nausea and he vomited twice after that still. He's in so much pain and we had to carry him in. I failed my little boy. I had to leave him in a cage there and walk away while he looked at me wondering where I was going. He usually sleeps on my clothes and now all he has is an unfamiliar blanket with all these people and dogs and cats he doesn't know. I am going to see him tonight after work. I'm waiting for him to tell me what to do. My brother and his girlfriend and I all cried so hard when we left him last night and said our goodbyes just in case. I don't know if he can fight anymore. I don't know if I can fight anymore.

Sorry for the depressing story guys I just knew everyone's been there following our story and I don't know if this is the last chapter or not.

Thank you.

Kourtney
    Kiela
    Tigress Midnight Wind Stalker (pending)

Remington's Black Powder Jasper - Jasper
    February 25, 2004 - March 24, 2006

Boscoe
    March 15, 2006 - April 19, 2007
    http://boscoegrowsup.blogspot.com

Kourtney,

Now is not the time for second guessing. You are an extraordinarily caring person who has always acted, and will continue to act, in Boscoe's best interest. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and your boy.

Mark

Kourtney,

I can't imagine how you must feel, but I don't think you're being fair to yourself. I'll be praying for you and Bosco.

Dave
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

Kourtney,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't second guess yourself. You everything you could do.

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

Kourtney,
    I'm sorry to hear the bad news,I will be praying for Boscoe. I believe that you have always acted in Boscoe's best interest, so you can not beat your self up over this. Take Care and God Bless!
    Greg Erickson

Scratchboard Dog Portraits and Wildlife Art
    www.gregoryericksonart.com

Default You've done right by Boscoe

Kourtney,

You have done right by your little guy. Boscoe has been dealt a tough hand and you have given all that can be given. My prayers are with you and your family through this tough time and I hope Mr. Boscoe pulls through.

Ron
    Don't take training sessions too lightly. And don't forget, after all, that they are training sessions for the handler as well as the dog.
    -Charles Morgan On Retrievers

Oh Kourtney, my heart is breaking for you. No one, ever, has tried as hard as you have to do all the right things. Following all your stories from the onset of the illness, the incredible amount of research, special foods, 24/7 devotion to all of Boscoes needs, I have been awed by your efforts. And throughout it all you have known the outlook was not good but that did not stop you or even hold you back from every possible treatment and care you could provide. I am praying with every ounce of effort I can for a good outcome for Boscoe, but even more for you if there is not.

Please keep your family close to you and let them support you through this. Try to ease up on yourself, we need your good spirits and humor here at RTF!

Indy and I will be thinking of you and Boscoe, I promise.

Kourtney, I know how attached you and Boscoe are, and it hurts to have you and the little guy going through this kind of suffering..........

Wendy and my prayers are with you both, and the door is always open...............should you need to talk

You and Boscoe have both worked hard to get to the present level of training.....................hopefully Boscoe will have a full rcovery and his training can continue.............

A pat on the head for Boscoe from me when ya see him next.............
    See Yunz later,
    Dan Kotarski
    Cut-N-Shoot Retrievers

BABY STEPS, Baby Steps, baby steps.........Repetition..Consistency..Focus
    TEACH and BUILD! Then BUILD on what ya TEACH!

"Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"

Kourtney, your post is heartbreaking...not just for Boscoe, but even more so for you. Worry is understandable, deep concern is appropriate, but blaming yourself simply isn't fair. We don't necessarily like the hand we're dealt, but we have to play the cards we get. Don't be so incredibly hard on yourself...let's all put our mental energy into good thoughts and wishes for Boscoe, and for you!

You've gone above and beyond for the little guy - we should all be so lucky that we get that kind of care and love if we get ill.

when the time comes to trust him to the Lord's care until you can meet with him again, you'll know.

Godspeed to you, your family and your little man.