The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial and Test Church

Default Trial and Test Church

For the last 10 years I have served as a full time pastor. I am not one of those cheesy televagelists or fire and brimstone kinda guys. Over the last year as my desires have begun to merge in an incredible way I have felt a leading or maybe just a hope to build a church that meets on Sunday mornings at Field Trials and Hunt Tests in the state of Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. I am not sure of the feasabiliy or the interest within our community of dog freaks. If this idea peaks your interests in any way please give feedback. I am just kinda testing the waters right now!!!

I would certainly encourage you to follow this calling. Hank Hough did, and started his "Kingdom Dog" ministry. I've heard him at various HT's over the years. He and his dog deliver a wonderful non-denominational message during lunchtime on Sunday. Usually attracts a good number of bird boys, handlers, club members and sometimes the property owners. (I'll give our judges the benefit of the doubt that they're too busy wolfing down lunch, tallying scores and working on callbacks )

You should check out his website: www.kingdomdog.com/ .

Great idea! I have even thought about a Christian Retriever Trainers Assoc. I can use all the help I can get, specially when I am still there on sunday mornings.

LT

This could be good. I know between hunting, dirt bikes and hunt tests, my family has fallen into the "poinsettia and lily crowd"*.

Kingdom Dog Ministries © 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKohJ1k4oKA

*Ed Young, Jr.

Default Yes Please do

Thee single most moving and memorable message I ever heard was at the BCS HT a couple years back. Don't remember the speaker but do his message it was about the parallels between dog training and the Gospel ... still think of it quite often when staring out the windshield or looking into the embers of a camp fire ...

Sunday morning Lunchtime Regards
    Bruce and the TownHill Gang

HRCH Potter's Cosmos Shadow Buster JH [Buster]
    HRCHTownHill Yeager's Rebel Rouser - [Rebel]
    Townhill Midnight Mist - [Misty]

"...leave something in it for the dog"

Default Re: Yes Please do

Quote Originally Posted by bruce
    Don't remember the speaker but do his message it was about the parallels between dog training and the Gospel ... still think of it quite often when staring out the windshield or looking into the embers of a camp fire ...

Sunday morning Lunchtime Regards

Could you expand on this please?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Default Re: Trial and Test Church

Quote Originally Posted by onthemark
    For the last 10 years I have served as a full time pastor. I am not one of those cheesy televagelists or fire and brimstone kinda guys. Over the last year as my desires have begun to merge in an incredible way I have felt a leading or maybe just a hope to build a church that meets on Sunday mornings at Field Trials and Hunt Tests in the state of Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. I am not sure of the feasabiliy or the interest within our community of dog freaks. If this idea peaks your interests in any way please give feedback. I am just kinda testing the waters right now!!!
    I would like to bless you, for coming forth when your heart felt prompting! I'm a full time pastor as well, with a family of six children and we thoroughly enjoy Hunt Tests. We have met over the years some very nice people there. It's such a clean sport and environment that a Sunday morning meeting with Jesus would really complete the quality of this sport.

Mel E.

Ps. I also LOVED the Kingdom Dog ministries link. Ken B, he gives some illistrations on the video concerning the parallels between dog training and the gospel. I encourage you to check the video out, VERY interesting.
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

Ken

One of the keys to the lesson was that we have to submit to the will of God much the same way a pup has to submit to us the "Master" in order to achieve our goal. As the sig line above says can God run a blind with you. There was also a leave it demonstration were the speaker had hiddeen a runbber snake and threw a bumper close tot he spot sent the pup and then recalled saying sometimes God dosn't let us have what we want beacause there is danger nearby, again the master knows best. The mesasge is very powerful ... if you run a parallel to what we expect from a dog and what God expects from us ... wish I could express it better ... wish I could remeber the fellas name ... would like to see it more ...click on the link in Chris post above to get a slice of what he talks about ....
    Bruce and the TownHill Gang

HRCH Potter's Cosmos Shadow Buster JH [Buster]
    HRCHTownHill Yeager's Rebel Rouser - [Rebel]
    Townhill Midnight Mist - [Misty]

"...leave something in it for the dog"

I think it's a great idea!!! I know when I used to Rodeo there was an organization that would have non-denominational services on Sundays. I think you should follow your calling to do this.
    nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he is owned by a dog - Gene Hill

I think it is a great Idea, I know My wife gets upset when I miss church for a HT. I also think it would be a great time for others that have the same interest to share the word of god