RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Organizing Gear in Garage/Kennels/Basement...how do you do it?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Rhenee Fadling 
#1 ·
Can I see some pics and brags about how people organize their:

• car/travel supplies (including chairs and crates)
  • dog food surplus
  • field training gear
I need inspiration in how to best organize my stuff in the new house. Organizing experts Please help me!

#2 ·
I have a large plastic shelf with multiple shelfs, I store a lot of my training stuff and also fishing gear on that. I order food as needed so I just have it in my food container in the garage...but that shelf I believe came from wal-mart. Just leave it in the garage corner, takes up some space but organizes things

#4 ·
I am planning to put up a bunch of shelves because I have a bunch of training equipment. In the past I've just stored my food in the bags off the floor. But recently I found a hole in one of my bags. So I am going to empty the bags of food into small garbage cans with secure lids. Somehow I got into the situation where each of the four dogs eat a different food. So lots and lots to store.

One of the things I am struggling with are my chairs that I take to obedience trials, jumps, ring gates...really big items.

I'd like to find a clever way to store bumpers that is attractive and provides drainage because they are always muddy and gross.

#6 ·
Petsmart (more expensive) sells food containers that have wheels...I find it handy and you can get it cheaper on amazon more than likely than at petsmart. Milk crates are awesome, I have a few to store things...I just went to wal-mart I believe and asked to have some that they didn't need.

#7 · (Edited)
Don't know your situation,, but here's something to think about.. If your "new House" is a house you have purchased, and are going to do renovations... Think about the question you asked here, and talk to whoever is doing the remodel..

Another thought... If the renovation includes a new kitchen,,, don't follow the stupid practice of contractors who like to display on the remodel shows, the practice of taking a sledge hammer to the old cabinetry.... Those old cabinets are wonderful USEFULL places for storage,,and its amazing what you can do with their "Looks" with a very small amount of Chalk paint...

It makes my skin crawl when I see these "Contractors" destroy perfectly good cabinets, that are EASY to remove IN TACT by removing a few screws..

Prolly the above doesn't apply to your situation,,but at second hand remodel places,, there are cabinets for the cheap for resale.

#8 ·
If you're doing agility and hauling all that gear maybe a 10-12' cargo trailer just for equipment. Always there, organized and ready to go.

#10 ·
You have to be the only woman that asks permission from her husband! lol�� Jim

#17 · (Edited)
We went to Menard's and picked up the Rubbermaid wire closet shelves and milk crates because they let bumpers get air flow, and are easy to haul them in. The blinds/winger skins go on the top shelf. The Suncast brand of tubs they have has a hinged lid and stack. Work great for food. We built this counter so two will fit underneath and keeps them off the floor so we can sweep or rinse floor. Counter was an in-stock item at Menard's. We keep our electronics in plastic tool boxes so everything is in its place.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.