The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: The Good with the Bad

Default The Good with the Bad

I don't think it's right to post just the photos of the good side of my dog without being honest when things didn't go well.Otter aired(pooped) 3/4 into his hunt test on Sunday .Talk about embarrassment. My wife was kind enough to catch the memory on film for me.I know when I read this forum I read about all the weekend success that everybody had.I'm happy for them.But,for all the people who's dogs or via thier own mistakes weren't successful this weekend,I just wanted to let you all know you weren't alone. Note to self:AIR THE DOG BETTER NEXT TIME!!!

Default Re: The Good with the Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob
    I don't think it's right to post just the photos of the good side of my dog without being honest when things didn't go well.Otter aired(pooped) 3/4 into his hunt test on Sunday .Talk about embarrassment. My wife was kind enough to catch the memory on film for me.I know when I read this forum I read about all the weekend success that everybody had.I'm happy for them.But,for all the people who's dogs or via thier own mistakes weren't successful this weekend,I just wanted to let you all know you weren't alone. Note to self:AIR THE DOG BETTER NEXT TIME!!!
    So Bob, did he hold point and was he steady to wing, shot and fall?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

He did really "crappy".

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

That's ok many years ago when we were relatively new to the sport we attended the NorthEast Texas HRC fall test. For the tailgate party they had a 150 yd Super single set up. It was in fairly heavy cover in a wide open field. We entered and ran. Most of the dogs had to put on a hunt to find the bumper that had been thrown with a winger. We had 3 young dogs entered, the last one, Nestle nailed that super single mark and as she spun around the crowd started cheering. She was running back as hard as she could and suddenly came to a screetching halt in the middle of the field and squatted to poop... Held the bumper the whole time but stood there for ever. Everybody cheered and laughed more!

Sometimes they are just dogs.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

Did the judges make you pick it up. I was at a test once and the judge insisted that it be picked up by the handler.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasquatch
    Did the judges make you pick it up. I was at a test once and the judge insisted that it be picked up by the handler.
    No,but I offered to.The worst part was that he got the bird and was on his way back and he set it down when he went on point.He doesn't like to hang around his dung and usually jumps away from it.He forgot where he put the bird or was avoiding his little mess and then went on an ever widening hunt for his old bird or a better one.The judges were more than fair and gave him plenty of time to pick it up.He didn't.It was just a crash and burn.I didn't expect that.I was thinking we were about done and going to sneak out with a ribbon.Next time.

Kristie Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasquatch
    No,but I offered to.The worst part was that he got the bird and was on his way back and he set it down when he went on point.He doesn't like to hang around his dung and usually jumps away from it.He forgot where he put the bird or was avoiding his little mess and then went on an ever widening hunt for his old bird or a better one.The judges were more than fair and gave him plenty of time to pick it up.He didn't.It was just a crash and burn.I didn't expect that.I was thinking we were about done and going to sneak out with a ribbon.Next time.
    You know what they say...

sh!t happens. Go get 'em next time!!

I have a couple of similarly embarrassing pictures. We're there for you... LOL

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

A Pro handler had a Junior dog poop on the line at a test I was judging. We asked him to clean i t up and take it with him and he just snickered and left. So when we were handing our ribbons at the tale gate party, we called him up before any ribbons were given and presented him with a surprize package. He was embarrassed but got the point - after that if his dogs made a mess, he was really quick to take care of it.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

I had a dog 'air' himself at a senior test last year while running full speed on the flyer - never even broke stride...I did go pick it up after he ran...