The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today - This week National Flag Day

Default Today - This week National Flag Day

June 14th of each year is National Flag Day.

By The President
    Of The
    United States Of America
    A Proclamation
    The American Flag represents freedom and has been an enduring symbol of our Nation's ideals since the earliest days of our Nation. Wherever it flies, we are reminded of America's unity and in the great cause of liberty and justice for all.

Two hundred and thirty years ago, the Second Continental Congress officially made the Stars and Stripes the symbol of America. The Founders declared that the 13 stars gracing the original flag represented "a new constellation," just as America embodied new hope and new light for mankind. Today, our flag continues to convey the bold spirit of a proud and determined Nation.

Americans have long flown our flag as a sign of patriotism and gratitude for the blessings of liberty. We also pledge allegiance to the flag as an expression of loyalty to our country and to the belief in the American creed of freedom and justice. By displaying and showing respect for the flag, we honor the ideals upon which our democracy rests and show appreciation for the freedoms we enjoy today. Flying the flag can also be an expression of thanks for the men and women who have served and sacrificed in defense of our freedoms -- from the early patriots of the Continental Army to the courageous Americans in uniform who are defending those freedoms around the world today.

During Flag Day and National Flag Week, we honor Old Glory and reflect on the foundations of our freedom. As citizens of this great Nation, we are proud of our heritage, grateful for our liberty, and confident in our future.

To commemorate the adoption of our flag, the Congress, by joint resolution approved August 3, 1949, as amended (63 Stat. 492), designated June 14 of each year as "Flag Day" and requested that the President issue an annual proclamation calling for its observance and for the display of the flag of the United States on all Federal Government buildings. The Congress also requested, by joint resolution approved June 9, 1966, as amended (80 Stat. 194), that the President issue annually a proclamation designating the week in which June 14 occurs as "National Flag Week" and calling upon all citizens of the United States to display the flag during that week.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim June 14, 2007, as Flag Day and the week beginning June 10, 2007, as National Flag Week. I direct the appropriate officials to display the flag on all Federal Government buildings during that week, and I urge all Americans to observe Flag Day and National Flag Week by flying the Stars and Stripes from their homes and other suitable places. I also call upon the people of the United States to observe with pride and all due ceremony those days from Flag Day through Independence Day, also set aside by the Congress (89 Stat. 211), as a time to honor America, to celebrate our heritage in public gatherings and activities, and to publicly recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifth day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-first.

GEORGE W. BUSH

And to celebrate the first draft of the new money was presented....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Good one Paul, Ooops,I mean bueno.I am confused if we are still supposed to fly Our flag highest on the pole or the Mexican one.I'm getting mixed signals from GW.

14 de Junio. Feliz dia de la bandera George!

I gotta say my support for ole George is pretty low. This idea on legalizing illegal immigrants is a disaster which even my liberal friends dont like. They have yet to finish the 86' amnesty failure. Make the border as secure as the fence around W's ranch in Crawford. Bet they are not coming in thru his place.

This youtube clip about sums it up about the border

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90SDkhwnEIo
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Why does no one post that it's Mexico's responsibility to provide opportunities for their citizens so there will be no need to violate our borders?

Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"

Sorry, but what I see is the Mexicans coming over here and doing the jobs white people are too lazy to do.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Sorry Steve,

But I have been on several construction sites lately where ae foreman (framing ,block, cement, or stucco) , would huddle up with a hispanic fellow while 10 or 15 other hispanics would be standing back waiting for directions.

After the super was through with his discussion with the hispanic fellow he would turn and issue directions in spanish to the 10 or 15 standing around and everyone would start flying around to get the job done.

Maybe those jobs are not what the college educated gringo might want to be doing, but for the HS grad who may not want to go to college or the HS dropout who got into a bind due to a pregnancy with a girlfriend, or whatever, those are the entry level jobs in trades that lead to those guys into learning a trade that they could dig thir way into the middle class with. Now those jobs are taken by illegals, working for a lower wage who are taking away jobs from citizens of the US both black and white.

It's all about the money and votes and to hell with the American people.
    Impeach Bush, Tar and Feather Pelosi and Reid , the rest of the senate and house and ride em out on a rail.

Mike

Steve,Illegal is Illegal.I have a few of Mexican friends that are legal ones busting butt and paying taxes and buying insurance like the rest of us.There are illegal ones who put multiple families in a house to skip out on property taxes,don't buy insurance,don't get drivers liscences,and have no interest in this country or it's laws for anything but sucking off the rest of us and then heading back home.It's our own fault for letting it happen .Our government is giving away the store.I'm sure there are some unemployed legal Americans who might be interested in some of those jobs.I'm not anti-Mexican at all,I'm anti-Illegal.If I got busted for something I would have to pay.These guys are getting a free ride and it's coming right out of my pocket.Send them home.

Where are all these American workers? I have several openings but cant get any takers. Our public education system (filled with liberals) has taught the young people that they shouldnt have to do the low level entry jobs. America needs to get an hold of the illegal immigrants by not providing free education, healthcare and other "social services" unless you can prove legal staus. On a side note its not the employers resposiblity to do the INS's job.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBoley
    Where are all these American workers? I have several openings but cant get any takers. Our public education system (filled with liberals) has taught the young people that they shouldnt have to do the low level entry jobs. America needs to get an hold of the illegal immigrants by not providing free education, healthcare and other "social services" unless you can prove legal staus. On a side note its not the employers resposiblity to do the INS's job.
    This is my point exactly.......I'm not saying I agree with the illegal aliens being able to get free health care, free education without paying taxes, etc.....I'm just saying most of the young people coming out of school today are too lazy to work, and they sure don't want to work construction jobs.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson