The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Watching <<GDG>>

Default People Watching <<GDG>>

We attended fireworks last night and I made some observations that I found rather comical. We were in a community park area and down the street from our group was an organized biker party. Now first let me say I have nothing against bikers. I think the “new” bikers are a silly looking group of people, but I am sure when they are on their rides and go past the pasture on a ride and see me out in shorts, knee boots, a white jacket, blowing a whistle, and yelling at a dog they think I am silly looking too. They have their hobby and we have ours, no problems. The thing that I find amusing is that bikes these days cost more than a LOT of cars. 90% of the bikers are making a nice living and are far removed from the bikers of yesterday (My sister has married 4 of the real ones now, and I have a nephew named Harley David, so I have known a few). This is not a bad thing, but I find the middle aged professional dressing up in leather with skulls and flames on it interesting and funny. Anyway these are the observations I made and you bikers on here can feel free to have at me. I had a great time people watching because of the bikers last night.

OK guys, change your “uniforms”. Virtually every biker I saw was 40+ and had a large beer belly. You may have worn a size large tee shirt in high school, but you have moved on up to XL now. It also does not help to tuck the too small shirt into your too tight jeans. The leather vest you wear over it does not help either and this is especially true if you leave it open so it hangs out around your belly.

Plastic surgeons take note. You are missing a huge money making opportunity by not working out package deals with the local Harley shop. If the package price included a boob job it would save the buyer from having to shop around because it appears that every guy that buys a bike must have to get his wife/GF a boob job. I also noticed that chicks that ride their own bikes seem to get larger ones than the luggage does.

Someone in our party noted that they had a live band. I replied “good we will be able to hear Willy Nelson, Lynyard Skynyard, Bob Seger, and (it is Florida) Jimmy Buffett. You guessed it that is what we got and all we got. Come on guys those are great, but there are other good artist out there. Expand just a little bit.

We had to make a run to the grocery store that was 4-5 miles away. When we got there we noted a large number of new pick-up trucks with motorcycle trailers attached. I don’t know I though it was all about the freedom of the road…for at least 5 miles.

I know dressing up is a big part of the culture and you have to be tough, but when you are 50-60ish you really don’t look that tough in a jacket that says “Gulf Coast Demons MC” even with the flaming skull and iron cross. I know you spend a lot of time court, but that is chasing that personal injury settlement for you client, not because you’re an outlaw.

New pick-up and trailer $65,000
    Tricked out Chopper 40,000
    Boob job and tummy tuck 12,000

Having a hot 50 year old on the back of your bike……..priceless…..I guess

Ride safe
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Hater.
    --
    Chris Barnes

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

I got tickled about you thinking about what they might think of you in shorts and knee boots in a field...etc....and that got me thinking about the bunch of bikers that ride past our house every weekend....and that got me remembering the time that a bunch of bicyclists were cycling by on a ride from Houston to Austin....

We were training dogs with some friends and I was in the field hiding behind a tree, shooting a popper gun & throwing a diversion. I was to yell, "There goes one", pop, and throw....I did that until someone noticed that the cyclists were coasting until I yelled and shot then they started peddling really fast.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

I've had bikes for over 30 years .I don't wear a " leather outfit" when I ride.I also don't care if that's what some people want to do when they ride.But,Badbullgator,I think you're missing what is really happening there.Some of those people aren't really into motorcycles.It's Halloween that they have a passion for.That is just thier costume that day.The bike is probably a rental.

Reminds me of something I heard on Harley Davidson television commercial the other day….the spokes person for Harley sounds like George Clooney…I was like “oh hell no!” it that is true this country has really taken a turn for the surreal

BadBull,

I think that's pretty funny. I have a couple of "real" bikers that work for me and they are always joking about the RUB's (Rich Urban Bikers). It's become so bad that at Bike Run's some guys are wearing stickers on their helmets that say "I rode mine here". You saw the pickup with the trailer. If you went to a bike run, you'd see the motor home with the trailer (parked discreetly, ten miles away in the KOA campground ).
    On the ride back from the run, they'll pass these guys in their motor homes with the Harley's on the trailer. As they wave to them, the guys will sheepishly wave back.

But hey, like you, I say if you're having fun then go for it. They probably would get a good laugh at me, standing in a 30-mile an hour crosswind, throwing dead birds, in the rain.

As for the plastic surgery, as the guys get older, they need something to support their necks when they lean back on the short ride back to the trailer.
    Ron
    www.portlandlabrador.com
    A Lab has no appreciation for the artistic value of a bonsai tree, but does appreciate their potential as chew toys.

Ron I love the head rest idea. I never though of that.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I have been riding for almost 30 years on the street and 10 before that off-road. I have no tattoos, piercings, jewelry and do not have a "helmet laws suck" decal on my helmet. Some of the costume you see is practical and safety wise. I have been to biker rallies and have seen loads of chicks most did not have a boob job but could sure use one or maybe a nice bra. I have seen 10 times more fake boobs at the party cove sitting on boats that make the "Harley set up" money look like childs play. I am also sure if either group saw a 1 to chasis mount dog truck filled with dogs that are trained at more cost than a 4 year college degree and have a $10,000 O/U shotgun to shoot fliers all would say WTF !!!!!!

I just finished the CNC machine work on a pair of air cleaner lids for 600 bucks for a 42' go fast boat.

Its all relative........
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Yeh, but Steve.....Those boaters don't wear shirts that have slogans on their back, like: "If you are reading this, the bitch fell off."

UB...thinking only one month 'til the annual invasion. :drinking:
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

You knowit is funny because I get ripped alot because I am young and I have a Ironhorse rigid frame bike that was close to 35,000 when new so people rip me all the time for being too young to have a bike like that but I am smart because mine only has one seat so I dont have to take anyone with me so I save that 12,000 dollars. I know others that have the same bike as I have and hey by a small suction cup seat to go on the rear finder and they have there hugs wives siting on a 6 inch by 6inch seat on the fender and you cant even see the fender and its a rigis frame so everytime they hit a bump it doesnt look like fun.