Looking for British Lab Stud - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for British Lab Stud

Sometimes I have to step back and take Moose Gooser's attitude as I interpret it. What often "passes" for impartial information here are "buddy sells" and self promos.

P. Balzer #3 X 2. Classified is the best place. Lastly this is not the Doggie Wikileaks source.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

If I was looking for a stud to breed to my female based on HT titles, it would be the one below.

Contact Chuck Anderson (Dynamite British Labradors): Old Oak's Kid Dynamite Dave MH has two master national passes and going for the third this fall. He is located in Minnesota. Contact is 612-388-8378

Try TT British Kennels.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Whelp I know that American Show Lab breeders are shipping Frozen across the pond and having success. Thus I assume British breeders are doing the same, well at least the show people. So perhaps it would be feasible to import True British Field Lab; mayhaps a Field Champion frozen; It would actually be quite novel. However if the Field people over there are as (how shall we put it) _<Slower to accept newer technologies? prefer not to deal with such hassles? Old School?>- as the American field set. You might need a personal connection to get it done. Even then they might look into it then tell you it's TOO much work (I'm sure there's a "polite" British saying for such things..bugger off?) .
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 03-30-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"; "I train dogs, Not papers"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"

GMRH-I HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    GMHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    MHR HR Storm SH (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Email me at dbc10@cornell.edu for more info on my stud. 100% British bred, fox red, all health clearances, NAHRA GMHR-I title
    Castle Heights Gundogs
    https://www.facebook.com/chgundogs/

Mossy Oak Pro-Staff
    Sportdog Field Staff
    Drake Waterfowl Field Expert

I believe I understand the OP's intent, but I'm not sure what he expects in terms of responses. People are going to tell him where to find British Lab stud dogs that meet his criteria of advanced hunt test titles. Many British Lab owners don't do complete health clearances or title their stud dogs. Some do.

I'll second the list Tobias offered with emphasis on Imperial Retrievers. Yes, that's the buddy sell Swliszka talked about, but what do you expect? I know Kirk Keene and his dogs. I've only heard about the others. If you want a personal recommendation you get information about people and dogs I know!

I suggest the OP take all of the suggestions he's gotten and do some research. Try to see the dogs which interest you the most in person. Once you've seen them you'll know which one you want to use.

Swack
    Jeff Swackhamer

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    Whelp I know that American Show Lab breeders are shipping Frozen across the pond and having success. Thus I assume British breeders are doing the same, well at least the show people. So perhaps it would be feasible to import True British Field Lab; mayhaps a Field Champion frozen; It would actually be quite novel.

This is already being done. My pup came from Double T in Kansas and the breeding was from frozen semen from Scotland. Field Trial Champion and 2nd place, high male dog, at the IGL championship.

I don't know how often they do that, but do list foreign dogs on their stud page. My scheduled breeding was to a British bred 500pt. Hunt Test dog born here, but he was injured and had to have surgery. After discussing it, Haynes replaced the stud with the straw from across the pond. I couldn't be happier with him, just over a year old.

Check out Southern Oak Kennels, they have a good amount of field champion studs.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Sometimes I have to step back and take Moose Gooser's attitude as I interpret it. What often "passes" for impartial information here are "buddy sells" and self promos.

P. Balzer #3 X 2. Classified is the best place. Lastly this is not the Doggie Wikileaks source.
    truthfully there are very few British (Lineage) Labrador breeders in the US that put any sort of working titles on their dogs.
    The three I posted are the ones I know of that have upper level titles on at least some of their dogs - and then Dave Combs posted his dog (beautiful boy, btw, Dave), and Chuck Anderson's dog that has passed the MN twice. Although I am certain there are others that have been mentioned - or will be mentioned.

The market for the 'British' lab is not for people that run tests or are competitive. And most of them probably won't have health clearances done on their 'hunting' dogs.
    Last edited by Tobias; 03-31-2017 at 10:04 AM.

I forgot about Dave Combs, I seen a picture of his boy and he would be a good stud also. There are alot of "british" dogs out there running hunt tests and if they are breeding and are a ethical breeder, I think you will find they have health clearances done on them.

If you are not stuck on HT titles, check out Southern Oak Kennels, Team Wild Wings, Aces Retrievers, Livingston Gundogs, Sporting Life Kennels. All of those have good stud dogs with health clearances.