The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Tax Dollars At Work (GDG)

Default Our Tax Dollars At Work (GDG)

And we need to raise taxes.....maybe we should fine gooberment officials when stuff like this happens:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19912382/

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

If you think this is bad wait till Hillery gets in office and starts really wasting money and raising taxed. Same with Edwards and his antipoverty campaign. LBJ's 'war on poverty' campaign from 1964 is still blowing money in a war that was lost before it started.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Their are none so blind as those that will not see. The rephublician's ( yes spelled right)lowered federal taxes. As a direct result, my property taxes went up $432 dollars a year. Pay me now, or pay me later!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

IF the system worked correctly, everyone would pay higher local taxes and lower fed taxes. It makes no sense to pay taxes to Washington, have them take a cut and then return them to local and state entities. Example, federal aid to education, how much money gets wasted in DC before it gets sent to local districts, same with federal highway funds.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I did a little research before I responded. My Bush tax cut saved me $112.00 a year off my Federal Taxes. My State taxes went up $ 67.00 a year, not counting higher driver's license, vehicle plates, boat tags. Like I said earlier my Property taxes $436.00 a year. The schools in this area laid off teachers, bus routes have been cut, and each student has a yearly book fee of $200.00. Also if the child plays sports in my district, they pay $250.00 for each sport. Now I don't want to hear anything about the Dumocrats ( yes spelled right ) raising taxes. I CAN'T AFFORD ANYMORE OF BUSH'S TAX CUTS! They're all out for our money.

Would your local taxes have gone up anyway or did they go up as a direct response to the federal tax cuts?

Inquiring minds want to know.

A pox on both their houses!

I was told by both a County Commissioner and a School Board member taxes and fee increases were due to the lost of federal money. I really hate to get involved in Politics, I just wish this site was for only dog issues, we all fight enough over dogs! I'm making a pledge to never again to respond to Politics, there's always two sides to each story and no one wins....

Were the federal funds to the discrit actually cut or were they not given the increase they were hoping for. That's how they put it around here. the school asked for a 10 million dollar increase, and only got 8 million, therefore they say their funds were CUT! Bull!
    Gary Metzger
    Black and Yellow puppies Due January 6th, 2015 FC AFC Stinger X Indy
    www.bustinwaterkennels.com Designed by Carrie Carlson aka Boondux on RTF

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Gunner 2
    I was told by both a County Commissioner and a School Board member taxes and fee increases were due to the lost of federal money. I really hate to get involved in Politics, I just wish this site was for only dog issues, we all fight enough over dogs! I'm making a pledge to never again to respond to Politics, there's always two sides to each story and no one wins....
    Hate to say it RG-2, but what the commisioners and SB members say is what we all hear. You'll NEVER get them to admit they just MIGHT be spending too much.

Until you get knowledgeable about the workings of your local/state government, you're in no position to state it was all Bush's fault, but then why not, that is so easy to do, and it puts you in with many folks with the same uneducated view.

As to your hating to get into politics, that's why our country is in the situation we find it. Way too many like you, that only know when to get angry about having your ox gored, and little desire to find out why, just lash out at the one that those around you are slamming.

Just to pick out one item you mentioned...you house taxes. Mine have also increased dramatically. Had nothing to do with President Bush. But here in Rapid City, the homes have increased in value by huge percentages. You may have heard of the housing boom? Oops, I guess that blame can go to the President. Part of the economy rising I think they call it. But most of the nation that rely on the MSM will only learn about it after it crators.

Might your house have gone up in value? When you said you did a little research, might it have been too little? I sincerely think you need to look into your school and city/county governments. It might be a real eye-opener for you. Most of those folks seldom want to cut back anything, so if their 'matching' funds get reduced, they scream loud and hard, and convince their constituants none of the problems are theirs. The more you learn, the more you'll know, and the better citizen you'll become for the good of your family and the other families in your city.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Look here Uncle Bill, if you would notice in what I wrote. I blame both sides. I'm just saying, Bush tax cuts didn't help me. So I hate to hear that, Republicians lower taxes and the Democrates raise them. They're both out for our money. I suppose the school buses run on air, they are affected by the high cost of diesel. Cost of heating a home and schools are up too. We defeated the levies in our part of the State because we're taxed too much. Schools are in trouble, blame who you want, there still in trouble. Yeah, I might be uneducated and I may not have all the information out there, but I sure know what I have left in my pocket.