The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Plants ?

Default Mysterious Plants ?

I found all these funny looking yellow flowers growing on my dove field. I'm going to wait till they go to seed and then whack them down. I don't want all that yellow scaring the doves away!

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Booty; Whereas those plants appear to be harmless, I can assure you that in 5 weeks they will move into their next life stage where they are very toxic. As a public service to you and your neighbors I can bring a crew down to deal with them. No cost to you except you will have to purchase cases of 12 guage #8's which is what we will need to kill the pests

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345
    Booty; Whereas those plants appear to be harmless, I can assure you that in 5 weeks they will move into their next life stage where they are very toxic. As a public service to you and your neighbors I can bring a crew down to deal with them. No cost to you except you will have to purchase cases of 12 guage #8's which is what we will need to kill the pests
    Thanks, such acts of random kindness are unusual.

I don't know what to think of them. Damn Mexicans planted the stuff and I bet they plan on smoking it. They don't think I know what it is. I knew that crew was whacky when they came to work. Doves are scared of the stuff. They are all staged up on the powerlines from pole to pole. They don't know what to think of it either! Looks like the seeds will be made in about two weeks. Then I'll whack 'em down and broadcast some top sewn wheat over these Mexican weeds so that I can at least get the Winter grazing in.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

New information indicating that Mexicans planted this evil weed indicates a much more dangerous infestation.

In addition to cases of #8's this more noxious strain of Mexican plant my crew will require copious quantities of high grade Mexican Tequila to eradicate this plague. Do not delay act now as Tequila prices are going to skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345
    RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

New information indicating that Mexicans planted this evil weed indicates a much more dangerous infestation.

In addition to cases of #8's this more noxious strain of Mexican plant my crew will require copious quantities of high grade Mexican Tequila to eradicate this plague. Do not delay act now as Tequila prices are going to skyrocket
    I guess I'll have to put up my 410 for the season and call Homeland Security!

Booty, I feel for your problem! I let my neighbor, who has a dairy, plant 40 acres on the back of my place to corn. We picked some (three bushels) of it in the milk stage, cut it off the cob and froze it. Just after that a bunch of ferrel hogs got into it at night and knocked a bunch of it down. Last week the neighbor cut it for silage and could not pick up the knocked down corn, but got the rest. It opened up great fields of fire where we can see the hogs at night and the doves love it during the day. I will try to convince the game warden that the reason I have overdressed the field with wheat is that dog food has gotten so expensive that I'm going to have to train my dogs to eat wheat from the field.

The deer have found all those ears on the ground, so I guess I will have to unpack the sausage stuffer with the pork and venison there for the asking. Poppa always taught me, "Waste not, want not". Ain't it good to live here in the land of plenty! Good luck with those weeds! Bill
    ________
    AngyStrip4U live
    Last edited by Bill Watson; 08-29-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Watson
    Booty, I feel for your problem! I let my neighbor, who has a dairy, plant 40 acres on the back of my place to corn. We picked some (three bushels) of it in the milk stage, cut it off the cob and froze it. Just after that a bunch of ferrel hogs got into it at night and knocked a bunch of it down. Last week the neighbor cut it for silage and could not pick up the knocked down corn, but got the rest. It opened up great fields of fire where we can see the hogs at night and the doves love it during the day. I will try to convince the game warden that the reason I have overdressed the field with wheat is that dog food has gotten so expensive that I'm going to have to train my dogs to eat wheat from the field.

The deer have found all those ears on the ground, so I guess I will have to unpack the sausage stuffer with the pork and venison there for the asking. Poppa always taught me, "Waste not, want not". Ain't it good to live here in the land of plenty! Good luck with those weeds! Bill

I feel for you too!

Just remember, as long as it is normal agricultural practice, it is legal. One of the benefits to you living in Mississippi is that top sewn wheat is legal and a normal agricultural practice for planting Winter grazing. In this area, nothing attracts doves more than golden wheat laying on black dirt.

Remember when Sheriff Harry Lee was busted for hunting over a baited field in Picayune? The guy that prepared that field shoveled wheat from the back of a pickup truck. Not exactly a normal agricultural practice.

Looking good man.........

amazing that you are capable of that wide of a smile in the face of such adversity!!

If life gives ya lemons regards.

Man Booty, that looks like west Texas. We used to hunt in those over there but not that thick. We made vests out of sunflower material and blended in great. The doves are gonna eat you up!