RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Who does the "Dirty Work"

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  JDogger 
#1 ·
By dirty work I mean cleaning up crap and other nasty’s. I know around here it is my wife who cleans the yard, dog “accident” in days gone by, and changed all the diapers. Now I have on occasion cleaned the yard or bagged some poop on a walk, and I did change 2 dirty diapers in my day (numerous wet ones though). I am not sure why all the dirty work is done by her but I am glad she does it. On a side note I spent 8 years in a microbiology lab and read and processed more stool cultures and did more ova and parasite exams than you can ever imagine. For some reason I can do it at work, but not at home.

#4 ·
I live alone so it's only me to do the dirty work! But even when I was married it was me who did it all - hubby was useless. :evil: Could be that's why he's an "ex"!! :wink:

Andy

#5 ·
Andy Carlson said:
I live alone so it's only me to do the dirty work! But even when I was married it was me who did it all - hubby was useless. :evil: Could be that's why he's an "ex"!! :wink:

Andy
Well I too am alone so it is just me but for the most part the dogs prefer the big field below the barn and not a lot of clean up is required.

Troy did help when there was a mess in the house but that isn't why he is an ex. 8)

#6 ·
I do that stuff in our house - but, the husband is retired - so, he gets to run errands during the day and do the grocery shopping!
:D

#7 ·
delete

#8 ·
Since Dave is often out on the road for several days in a row, much of that and the taking care of sick animlas goes to me. But when he is home he is the one in charge of airing and cleaning kennels. Inside messes are pretty much mine. and that included the muddy paw prints when I have to hurry everyone in for a bad storm. Thank goodness I have a good steam cleaner! That has also helped with the occasional upset stomach debris and comes in very handy when raising a puppy.

#11 ·
Richard Halstead said:
Ijust train them to prefer the Neighbors yard. :) :)
You had to train them to do that? Must have goldens, I thought that came naturally. :lol:
I am also a big fan of carrying the "decoy" bag with me when I walk the dogs (not that I often walk dogs). This is a simple plastic grocery bag that has several other bags inside it, thus making it look like your carrying a bag of "the goods". When I do walk the dogs it is usually at night (too hot in the day) and I have also been known to do the fake stoop and scoop if I know someone saw my dog take a dump. :lol:

#12 ·
Training is the key. My dogs don't go in their kennels because they were all crate trained as pups. And they don't like to poop in the airing yard, I think because they think it surrounds their kennels (or maybe because it is kept clean). They use the acre field immediately beyond the airing yard & or the airing area I designate when we reach training grounds. Makes me wonder why I put in the elaborate septic system.

Sure makes it nice though & the training was really accidental but I too hate the pooper-scooper job.

#13 ·
Granddaddy said:
Training is the key. My dogs don't go in their kennels because they were all crate trained as pups. And they don't like to poop in the airing yard, I think because they think it surrounds their kennels (or maybe because it is kept clean). They use the acre field immediately beyond the airing yard & or the airing area I designate when we reach training grounds. Makes me wonder why I put in the elaborate septic system.

Sure makes it nice though & the training was really accidental but I too hate the pooper-scooper job.
Actually I was not wondering how to avoid doing it, or even limiting it to just poop. I really wanted to inclued things like cleaning out the referigerator when something goes bad. Removing dead animals. Cleaning up after the kids or gradkids throw up in the living room. Just the dirty work in general.

#15 ·
badbullgator said:
...Actually I was not wondering how to avoid doing it, or even limiting it to just poop. I really wanted to inclued things like cleaning out the referigerator when something goes bad. Removing dead animals. Cleaning up after the kids or gradkids throw up in the living room. Just the dirty work in general.
I thought the answer to be one & the same (that is avoid it & yet get it done) - the wife of course.... :lol:

#17 ·
Me,, my hubby hasnt scooped poop in years. Nor did he change the diapers of three of our daughters.. If someone throws up,, forget IT, he runs the other way. I said if men were responsible for the population, every family would have only one child. As a man would NEVER go through child birth once he did it once...
I do think he is fooling me though,NOT.. He can skin beavers, fox, coyotoes, and other critters,but expect me to get rid of the bodies, yikes, those are really nasty..
He does take the credit though for raising the birds, and the goldens, yikes, i Do have to remind him all the time,, geesh, at least give me some of the credit.. people think he does it all, till i get talking then they realize how much i do really know..
Guys,, get tough,, help out those ladies, you will be appreciated for it at night time... !! just a though,,maria

#18 ·
Hell...guess who feeds, waters, exercises, trains, picks up the poop, pours the vinegar and/or bleach in the "poop place," gives the meds, takes Sadie to the vet when she needs it, does the grooming, vacuums up approximately 490 pounds of black hair every day (although since using the Furminator, the quantity has been reduced to no more than about 70 or 80 pounds :lol: ), etc. etc. etc...my God, all this and the lion's share of the cooking, too. Yep...'tis I.

Oh, yeah...and takes care of the business we own.

Overworked. Sometimes over-tired. Occasionally even a overly pi$$ed off. :shock:

But not under-appreciated by the love of my life!

Besides which, if I didn't want to do it I simply wouldn't do it! :wink:

#19 ·
Large vacant lots on either side. No problem. And yes, I have been known to carry the "decoy" bag and do the faux bend and scoop when encountering neighbors in this gated community while walking my dog.

As far as inside maintenance, it takes both me and my husband 24/7 to keep the black dog hair swept up off of light colored floors! Next time I get a dog it will match the floors
:roll:

#21 ·
CNBarnes said:
Man you guys are a bunch of lazy trainers or you have dumb dogs.

I teach mine to flush the toilet when they're done. 8) :lol:
My dogs only do that when they want fresh water in the water bowl :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.