The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A Giant Has Left Us - Stephen S. Boynton, Esq.

Default A Giant Has Left Us - Stephen S. Boynton, Esq.

I received word this evening that a friend of many years and absolute giant in the world of hunting and fishing, specifically the protection of the rights to hunt and fish, lost his long battle with cancer yesterday. Many of us don't know the name Stephen S. Boynton, Esq., but we all should know it. Please say a little prayer for Steve, his darling wife Ingrid, his children and all those who loved or knew Steve. Ladies and Gentelmen, we should say a prayer for ourselves because those that hunt and fish have lost ahellofagood advocate.

Steve always dressed like a gentleman. He frequently had a sport coat and hat. He had massive bear like paws that would shake your hand or pat you on the back. He had a quite but penetrating voice, one that commanded your attention and, if you were smart, your instant respect. He spoke slowly in measured words. Some people, if they are lucky, can speak in complete sentances. Steve spoke in complete paragraphs with absolute command of the facts.

Anyone know the reason the baiting laws were changed a couple years ago? Steve. Anyone know one the reasons the trappers have been so successful in beating back the anti-efforts to ban them? Steve. How about the right of those countries that continue to hunt whales? Steve. Want to talk about the increased duck limits? Steve. National Game Bird Breeders? Steve. Congressional Sportsman Cacus? Potomac Chapter Ducks Unlimited? Steve. And the list could just keep on going...he was everywhere and involved in everything related to hunting and fishing.

I met Steve and Ingrid through NAHRA back in the Good Old Days of the early 90's. They were the best of times. I had the honor of training their dog Blu who would become be a real monster at the UKC, AKC and NAHRA Hunt Tests. Steve was a member of a well established duck club on Maryland's Eastern Shore. We hunted together several times there and I always learned something about life, hunting or politics. Steve loved politics! He was a conservatives conservative and we had several interesting discussions.

We are all going to miss Steve. His family will miss his loving touch, kind words and his being. Those that never knew him will miss him as they see their hunting and fishing rights slowly taken away because he isn't there to defend them. Measured over the course of years to come, losing Steve will have a profound impact on all of us.

God Bless You, Steve.

Kindest Of Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

NW Panhandle of Florida, The Redneck Riviera

You said it very well Joe.

Steve will be missed by all.

Cray

My condolences to Ingrid and the rest of Steve's family...as well as his extended family throughout the sporting world.

While I never met Steve in person, I felt that I knew him.

Sincerely,

Chris Atkinson

Default Thoughts

Thoughts and prayers sent from the river-bottoms...

Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    TTF Duck Sloughs Make Mine a Double "Shooter"

www.ducksloughkennel.com

Romans 8:28

Prayers to the Boynton family.
    Join Central Ky Hunting Retriever Association www.ckhra.com

Default Re: A Giant Has Left Us - Stephen S. Boynton, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S.
    I received word this evening that a friend of many years and absolute giant in the world of hunting and fishing, specifically the protection of the rights to hunt and fish,. . . .
    Just when we needed him most.

We need more like him.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!