Ugh, so Kiela got stung somehow today. I think she may have tried to eat one and got stung in the mouth. She whined at me to go outside and I let her out for a minute and she went and then just laid down. I went out and she wouldn't perk up when I was talking to her but she wasn't sleeping. I took her inside and she laid down again. I looked at her gums and they were white, which obviously worried me. But then she perked up and was walking around. Then she came in the room and started itching her face a lot. I got ahold of her and her face looked all wrinkly it was swollen and her lips were swollen really bad, eyes watering and half closed. She went and laid in the bathroom on the cool floor and was whining while I tore the house apart looking for benadryl, of course we didn't have any. I looked at her again and her belly was all red and bumpy rashy. Ended up at the vets and by the time we got there her belly was a little red but not bumpy anymore and her face swelling was down a lot, but still swollen. She got a shot of dexa-something and pred and oral pred to take for a few days. The vet said this was the third bee sting they'd had this morning. She also said that it was possibly anaphylactic...it was definitely a reaction.
Sigh, at least she came out of it with no permanent damage. She's a little more sleepy than usual but otherwise fine and acting like herself. Her ears are the only thing really left that's swollen.
Did I mention I hate bees?