The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Heat stroke claims another

Kristie Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    Oh, by the way, your avatar shows you holding a gun, which makes you a hunter in the eyes of everyone else.
    I love to go hunting and I hope most everyone here does, too. I said "just a hunter"... That's different than what most of "us" here are.

I got shot last year by a lifetime hunter of 40+ years. This thread is cracking me up....
    So YOU were the guy sitting in front of PeeWee Herman!
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

Fred wrote:
    The liberal media would love to get their hands on this thread so they could compose an article about uneducated hunters pushing their dogs to overheating and dying.
    It was 2 or 3 years ago and several hundred dogs died on opening weekend of SD pheasant. So, the liberal media doesn't need this thread, they had actual reports from vets all over SD. I am sure if you do a little Googling you'll find several articles about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice
    I got shot last year by a lifetime hunter of 40+ years. This thread is cracking me up....
    So YOU were the guy sitting in front of PeeWee Herman!
    Different incident. Actually, /paul was judging the event you are referring to.

Always trying to help out in the worst way regards

Brad
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by fred
    I will be the first to admit I need some help with knowing about my dogs' health. I have purchased a first aid book and a small first aid kit for field dogs. I would be very grateful if someone (possibly a vet) would post a list of first aid supplies that we should take in the field with us. I am fairly new to this dog stuff. I was planning to take my dog dove hunting next weekend, but after reading this thread, I have decided not to. It is still getting into the lower 90's here, and I think it will be best for me to leave her at home in the AC.
    Search first aid on here. There have been several threads -- one recently -- about ideal stuff for a field first aid kit.

-K

Gun Dog Magazine has a great article this month on Cannine First Aid and why every "Gun Dog Owner" should have one. It gives you details on Books and Video's you will find useful in the field and Kits to buy or make and to always have on hand.

Come on? One dog lost during a hunting season is to many, we all agree with that. I can tell you not to waste your time Fred googling for the article that proclaims "Hundreds of dogs" lost during the pheasant opener three years ago, because there aren't any factual articles that will tell you that. There were many dogs lost and many, many more treated. It was a terrible weekend, again one dog is to many.

A couple years ago, an ice fisherman lost his lab as it fell through the ice on the Missouri river. I would like to generalize that from that time on, all fisherman should also be stereotyped as uneducated barbarians much the same as us hunters.

You are right about one thing, the liberal media doesn't need to write these half truth horror stories, a couple of our own will do it for them.

Show us the article that substantiates your statement and you have my apologies. One more time, one dog lost is a tragedy, but lets stay with the facts if we are going to declare hunters as a group as anything but hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by smelllikeadog@stinky.com
    Make that 2. I was on a public field sat. when a fella sent his dog for a bird, about TEN MINUTES LATER he started looking for his dog that hadn't come back yet. He was piled up out in the uncut section of corn. It bothered me that he was too busy talking to notice his dog didn't come back, but when he picked him up, through him in the back of his truck and went back hunting,
    Luckily the game warden saw it and had a few choice words of "communication" for him.
    I would have KILLED HIM. He's very lucky I wasn't there. HOW disgusting is that?

REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU CONSIDER SELLING SOMEONE A PUPPY!!!!!

Another reason I typically don't sell to "just" hunters... Sorry, but it's true...

-K
    That is the most pompous, ignorant BS I have ever seen on this message board.

Mistyriver wrote:

Gun Dog Magazine has a great article this month on Cannine First Aid and why every "Gun Dog Owner" should have one. It gives you details on Books and Video's you will find useful in the field and Kits to buy or make and to always have on hand.

That is some great advice.
    Thanks Mistyriver