The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Some wise thoughts to ponder.

Default Some wise thoughts to ponder.

None from me, although these fall in the category of things I wish I'd thought up.

UB

16 THINGS THAT TOOK ME OVER 45 YEARS TO LEARN: By Dave Barry, Nationally Syndicated Columnist

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. You should not confuse your career with your life.

6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

7. Never lick a steak knife.

8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.

9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.

12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

13. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to a waiter, is not a nice person.

14. Your friends love you anyway.

15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built Titanic.

16. Thought for the day: Men are like fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I have also heard---"Never trust a fart". and "Never pass up a chance to pee". From experience 0f age, I agree with BOTH. Bill
    ________
    SexyJennifer cam
    Last edited by Bill Watson; 08-28-2011 at 11:16 PM.

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

How does that beer commercial go...Brilliant!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Default Re: Some wise thoughts to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill
    9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
    How about this:
    So I get get 1 more hour of sleep before getting up to go duck hunting.

8)
    --
    Chris Barnes

Default Re: Some wise thoughts to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by TxFig
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill
    How about this:
    So I get get 1 more hour of sleep before getting up to go duck hunting.

8)
    How do you get one more hour of sleep. Did you Texans figure out a way to make the sun stay away for one more hour?
    Larry Andersen

WISILL HRC
    Muddy Waters Retriever Club

"Going hunting without a dawg is like going on a honeymoon without a bride." dixidawg