RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Stud Dog

6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Dogtrainer4God 
#1 · (Edited)
My brother is looking for a smaller sized stud dog for his Bitch. He would like the dog to be at or smaller than 60 lb. Field Titles prefered but would definitely consider MH and/or GRHRCH. Any pedigree or color fine, we will check to see how the two dogs will match in their strengths/weaknesses and pedigree.

Abby

NOTE: Since this is the first breeding of the female, we would prefer to do a natural breeding. So, try to keep the studs in the surounding states although, since it is so hard to find a good Stud that is small, we would consider driving a ways.

#4 ·
He was number one on our list but it is so hard to schedule a natural with him and since we didn't want to do an AI and the gas prices are so high to drive to Kansas(or wherever the repro vet is), we had to look elsewhere.

#6 ·
What is the reasoning for a smaller stud candidate ?
Love them, much easier to lift over a fence if there are no gates and they are able to go so much longer in Upland fields than some of the bigger dogs. Not putting down the 75 or so lb dogs, great dogs. We would just prefer to have smaller pups in this litter.

#14 ·
Ryan,

Her weakness is she can be very uncertain around new people, and she was that way when we got her as a started dog but she has really came around and is doing much better. Some of her strengths are Marking, lining, trainability, and she has an excellent nose. Superior Upland hunting dog, had her first season last fall and did an awesome job. Will not hesitate to swim in 32 F and below water.
This is her pedigree.......http://www.akc.org/cgi-bin/store/vi...CACAFEA8F8C838C0A21F857D0FEAF8&txn_id=3361327

#16 ·
Boy, if you could find a way to breed to Dusty, I sure would....maybe not this time, but in the future....

Since your brother's female has Soupy for a great grandfather, I don't think you could go wrong going back to one of his sons, as long as the match was good and health clearances were done.

aslo - could be that she was just never properly socialized as a pup, and that is why she is shy around strangers....sounds like she is overcoming that issue.

Juli

#18 ·
I have a Dusty pup-GREAT dog-but he's 78 lbs tall and lean, and so is at least one of his brothers. His mom weighs 65-70 lbs. So, no guarantees that your pups will be small!

#19 ·
Gierman's have a repeat of Dusty called Blue in Derby and on the derby list. Judged him this last weekend-super impressive. He's a little bigger than Dusty but same genetics. Would choose him in a heartbeat. You have to remember, choosing small does not guarantee small-it's what they produce.

#20 ·
you should consider Brian Moser's dog "Duncan" he is well bred and was QAA at 18 months old. http://www.gooddoginfo.com/gdc/asp/viewpedigreecolor.asp?DogNo=77532.

He is a 60-65 lb male who is black (chocolate factored). Brian has a nice pup from his first breeding who he really likes and should be in the derby next year. I am sure his fee is affordable. Brian lives in Minnesota. 320-760-2130 is his number.

#22 ·
Bill and Sarita Mcknight are in Montana (probably farther west than you want) but they have a Nice Black male with 8 AA points and 7 CKC All age points sired by FC AFC Creek Robber and Bams Lakeside Cassie QAA http://www.moonstonelabs.com/Biscuit.html
He has done really well this year. I think he is qualified for the 2007 Canadian National Open and 2008 Canadian National Am? Should check this dog out!

Carrie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.