RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

line breeding? How close is too close?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MRGD 
#1 ·
We have a Nitro daughter. We really like Dusty, but are concerned they may be too closely related. They both have Gunstock's Lethal Weapon as a grandparent. It is on our female's sire line and Dusty's dam line? Would we better off waiting and breeding a pup back to him some time down the road? Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be appreciated!

#2 ·
from a pedigree standpoint, and based just on that info...no, that is not too close...

Juli

#3 ·
Thanks.

I know it would be easier if I shared her whole pedigree, but unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out how to post that yet. If it helps, she has Riparian Roughrider as a grandfather on her mother's side and her grandmother is a littermate to Hilltop Hayseed.

#4 ·
Is there any other information that I could give you that would help? Her hips are excellent and eyes clear. She just earned her MH this last weekend complete amatuer trained and handled! The pro we've been working with has been training us to work with her.

#5 ·
Give Dusty's owner a call...talk to him about his dog and share with him info about your girl....There's just a ton more to take into consideration, besides pedigree....I guess that's what I was referring to, more than the pedigree itself...I think from the pedigree standpoint and Dusty's performance record, you have nothing to lose.... ;)

Juli

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.