RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Private Messages

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jeff t. 
#1 ·
With the new boards....how does one private message now.....Thanks

#3 ·
You can PM in a couple of ways.

If you are in a thread where the person has replied, click on their name and select "Send a private message to *person's name".

If you are wanting to PM someone that isn't in a thread where you can see their name, you can either go to the Members List, select their name which will take you to their profile where you can then PM them or you can go the the Private Messages: under your Welcome (top right hand corner of every screen), click on Private Messages: which will take you to your Private Message screen. In the left hand column, you can select Send New Message.

If you need any additional help, I'll try to help.

Vicky

#4 ·
I guess the PM's are the only thing that I dislike about vBulletin. It is less user friendly than it used to be. Also, before the update it was easy to see if the person you'd sent a PM to read the message or not. In this set-up you can only do the return receipts, and they don't seem reliable...

#5 ·
I guess the PM's are theonly thing that I dislike about vBulletin. It is less user friendly than it used to be. Also, before the update it was easy to see if the person you'd sent a PM to read the message or not. In this set-up you can only do the return receipts, and they don't seem reliable...
I agree, especially the part about not knowing if the message recipient has received/read the PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.