The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Ad

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Default Interesting Ad

Found a disturbing ad in my local paper, The News Press, today. It reads;

LAB Puppies, AKC, Yellow, Chocolate, Black, & MORE! Ready for X-mas $100 to $700 239-XXX-XXXX.

Question one what exactly is more? Two, $100???? All kinds of other questions and I don’t care enough to call them, there is really no reason to talk to them. Maybe they are reputable breeders.
    Of course directly below that is;

LABRADOODLE Puppies, CKC, Health Certificate, Christmas or before $1000 239-XXX-YYYY

Sign of the times doodles for a grand and a lab for a Franklin. Just noticed my spell checker recognizes LABRADOODLE when spelled with all capitals. Shayne’s going to be a father. What’s the world coming to?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

It's sad, one of the local puppy millers in my area who specializes in chocolates, "AKC quality" ya know, advertises in the paper, "buy one, get the 2nd free". Seriously.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

BBG, you must be younger than me. I have gotten used to the unfortunate posts! I saw my first "Silver Lab" this weekend and it was not pretty. In some ways it was extra sad, cause the pup did want to pick up birds, but sure was ugly. Oh well, live and let!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

ya isn't it awesome when someone says oh i breed labradoodles!!! wtf! if i had more time i'd call them and play a million questions, but thats just not worth it.

"And More"...

Maybe they have finally gotten some pups in "Advantage Max 4" or "Mossy Oak Duck Blind" and are waiting for the licensing before they advertise as such.

KDK
    There is no therapy like a puppy licking your face

Quote Originally Posted by YD1now View Post
    "And More"...

Maybe they have finally gotten some pups in "Advantage Max 4" or "Mossy Oak Duck Blind" and are waiting for the licensing before they advertise as such.

KDK
    LOL! And there ya go...
    Carrie Carlson

Carlsons Harley Davidson CGC "Harley"
    and the corginess...
    Ebonwald's Blazing A Trail "Scout" RIP good buddy...
    UKC CH Ebonwald’s Debts Of The Heart "Daphne” (AKC major pointed)

I would call them anyway! Any questions, and then tell them the "right" way. I have done that, I have a numer of people who have hung up on me, and others who are now doing clearnances, and are now "reputable". maria

Quote Originally Posted by YD1now View Post
    "And More"...

KDK
    KDK:

What a great idea! Designer labs. Yeah that's the ticket! Perhaps a dayglo orange with psychodelic stripes for the hippy lab lover, advantage max for hunters. Red White and Blue Stripe for the patriot trainer...there's no end to the possibilities Yes and we could even go with college..and even pro..football team colors. Yeah I can see it now a Steve Spurrier Red (for game cocks) lab. I Love it!

We'll make a million.

Yeehaw!
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

"and more" probably equals dudleys. I see ads down here all the time for labs with "CKC papers".....

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2385 View Post
    I would call them anyway! Any questions, and then tell them the "right" way. I have done that, I have a numer of people who have hung up on me, and others who are now doing clearnances, and are now "reputable". maria
    No offense, and that's a noble idea, but I doubt I would go out of my way to tell someone that didn't ask, the "right" way to do things. I'm pretty much from the "mind your own business" school of thought, unless asked.