RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Credit card charges GDG

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  duk4me 
#1 ·
Just venting. I am so pissed. I just got a credit card bill that has a charge of $150 on it from Alamo car rental. I used them last month while in Washington DC and all was paid in full upon returning the car. I called to inquire as to what the charge is for and was told it was parking citation and administration fees. Hummm…the car was ONLY parked by the Hotel valet EVER while I was there. Called the hotel and it seems they “could” have gotten a parking ticket while they were waiting for room in their garage. No worries I just need to send them a copy of the ticket and they will get it taken care of. Well it seems that Vanguard car rental, Alamo’s parent company, will not be able to get me a copy of the ticket for two to three weeks. I would bet that then it will take the hotel a couple of weeks to make payment. In the mean time I am out $150! It is not that the amount is a big deal, it is more that I am pissed that a month after I have paid my bill I can be charged on my credit card (I have disputed the charge with the company) and that it will take a month to get the money back. I am so fed up with this credit card crap. Two months ago I ordered some food from Jason’s Deli. The bill was wrong and the delivery guy said they would comp the check (I heard him on the phone with the manager). Low and behold not only was I charged the amount that was wrong, I was also charged twice more, once for the correct amount, and once for $44 just for good measure I guess. It took 19 days to get the monies refunded to my account. I asked why it takes 2 seconds to take my money incorrectly and 3 weeks to give it back and never got a straight answer. I think electronic banking is going to cause the worlds economy to crash. At least with a paper check I have to do soemthing rather than just be at their mercy.

Hating plastic regards

See less See more
#3 ·
Plastic protects you, the cardholder. Call up your credit card company and tell them the service was never rendered. They will cancel the charge while they investigate. If the merchant tries to make it stick, they will reinstate it BUT the second time you call to dispute it, they will strike it and the burden is on the merchant to collect whatever they think you owe, from you. Or such is my understanding...what I was told when I was contemplating accepting credit cards.

Amy Dahl

#4 ·
Plastic protects you, the cardholder. Call up your credit card company and tell them the service was never rendered. They will cancel the charge while they investigate. If the merchant tries to make it stick, they will reinstate it BUT the second time you call to dispute it, they will strike it and the burden is on the merchant to collect whatever they think you owe, from you. Or such is my understanding...what I was told when I was contemplating accepting credit cards.

Amy Dahl

Already called and talked to the CC company. Faxed the dispute to them just a bit ago.

#5 ·
If you don't get satisfaction from your CC company - PM me and I will get you to a Bank who cares about their Clients....

#7 ·
Hi pistol , this company helps to solve the debt like an IVA company . Actually I have to know about IVAWizard.net that solve the credit card debt and also help to advice on this kind of topic but I have to clarify of this so that i can carry on my life. However let me know if anybody knows about IVA actually I have heard 90% positive about it.

#8 ·
Hi pistol , this company helps to solve the debt like an IVA company . Actually I have to know about IVAWizard.net that solve the credit card debt and also help to advice on this kind of topic but I have to clarify of this so that i can carry on my life. However let me know if anybody knows about IVA actually I have heard 90% positive about it.
Caution! Looks like fisher/troll
I wouldn't click on anything this poster posts.

#13 ·
This type of thing has been going on for decades with rental car companies, always in big cities. It is a corporate act of swindling. I worked for an airline in the 80's-early 2004 and had it happen just as you describe back then. They (rental car) have done the same thing, it is a way to generate fast cash, sit on it, even if it's for 45 days or so, then refund it.

Do the math, if they rent 1000 cars a day around the country (easy for any nationwide rental co.), and say 500 a day receive this charge, mostly big city rentals, most will dispute it, some will not, many take months before they realize the charge, then file a claim. So, the RCC gets to use your cash for 90+ days in their coffers, and will draw interest on the same amount in their reserves. Compound that amount of interest daily, weekly, quarterly, and you'll see a mountain of $$$ in the hands of thieves. Is it a crime? I'd say yes, but it has been going on since the demand for a CC or no rental started in the 70's, I'd suspect. You'll get your money back eventually, when they are done laundering it though someones pockets... only if you demand it and/or threaten to file a law suit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.