The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunt secretary question

Default Hunt secretary question

Is there a way to find the running order on hunt secretary? I only ask because I will have my family at an upcoming hunt test, which includes my 10 mo son. I don't want them there at 8 in the morning if our dog is 32/40.

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

If the event is on Entry Express, the running order will be posted as soon as the Hunting Test Secretary releases it. It is released (on Entry Express) the day after the event closes. The premium on Entry Express will tell you what time each stake begins. If you want to watch the test dog, and ask questions of the judges, you should be there for the test dog. If you are running in JH, the land marks will move along pretty fast--land marks in a JH typically take less than 5 minutes a dog. Your son will love roaming around, and playing outside. Good luck!
    Last edited by HiRollerlabs; 07-20-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

If you are going to a HRC event, your "running order" published in the catalogue is irrelevant to the order you will actually run. You will check in with the hunt sec., but the position you actually run will be determined by the site marshal giving consideration to when you actually show up, other handlers' needs etc. Regardless of when you run, or venue, you almost certainly want to be present first thing in the am for the judges' brief and the test dog.
    HRCH Wind River's Frisky Whisky SH WCX - Thanx for the memories my friend
    HRCH UH Red Devil's Risky Rascal WCX
    HR Red Devil's Wild Wind River
    SHR Red Devil's Ready Freddie
    SHR Red Devil's Lambeau Leap
    SHR YRP Grand Chien's Chase the Sunset

It's not the first series you need to be concerned with if staying too long is an issue...run first or last in the first and make it to the second you will be there till it is over ...second series starts , you run first , pass, now are you going to wait around for the giving out of the ribbons or go home ..? If you pass and stay for the ribbons the running order doesn't matter ...Just plan for a long day .If they are not going with you just have them show up later...Steve S
    Last edited by steve schreiner; 07-20-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    "Your dog learns as much by doing his work right,by your praise and encouragement, as he does by your displeasure and correction." DLWalters

10 month old at a hunt test in mid-summer? Gonna be a looooong day. Consider a sitter...

As Stever said, it doesn't matter whether you run first or last. Unless you're first and you go out on the first series, you'll have to be there waiting for all the other dogs to run the first series before you'll get to run the second series. Also, if your talking about Junior in AKC, the listed run order will not bear much resemblance to the actual run order. With the pros moving back and forth between all the stakes, the marshall will be trying to keep a dog on the line and if there's an empty holding blind and you're ready, you'l likely to be asked to get in the holding blind.

Be sure you know what your number is so the judges have the right sheet.
    Kelly Cassidy (person)

SR Maple Cassidy CDX JH RE (golden retriever)
    Alder Cassidy CDX RE (standard poodle chipmunk chaser)
    plus the "old ladies" (2 elderly mix-breed rescue girls)

I really do appreciate the advice/suggestions. Let me clarify my question. On huntsecretary.com, can you see the running order? I realize tests are long I have been to a few. I realize it's summer. The test is at 9,000 feet I believe. We have a cabin ten minutes away. I would like to have a better idea to have my wife and child come and meet me at the test, and the go back to the cabin or go fishing with grandpa. Please let me know if it is possible to find. I
    Thanks

where are you going? Cedaredge, Co. ?

As you stated hunt secretary I'm assuming you are runing an hrc test. My only suggestion is get there and feel it out and call the wife and give her your best guess as to time. And have fun. And don't forget to jump in and help out. You meet alot of nice people that way.
    Last edited by blackasmollases; 07-20-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Black as mollases, call name Strap

Sire: Fc Afc Land ahoy "PIRATE"

Dam: Ten bears little bit "BUTTON"

You can not determine the running order on huntsecretary.com. The order is generally determined by the marshal at the stake for HRC events.
    Jeff Brezee

HR Brezee Oak's Brother Bear SH
    Brezee Oak's Keep to the Code "Jasmine"

Quote Originally Posted by kirkball View Post
    I really do appreciate the advice/suggestions. Let me clarify my question. On huntsecretary.com, can you see the running order? I realize tests are long I have been to a few. I realize it's summer. The test is at 9,000 feet I believe. We have a cabin ten minutes away. I would like to have a better idea to have my wife and child come and meet me at the test, and the go back to the cabin or go fishing with grandpa. Please let me know if it is possible to find. I
    Thanks
    I normally do not list the running order on the site because as several have stated most HRC clubs do not run in order. If you want to PM me can at least let you know what # is sometime tomorrow.

Janet
    JK'sboxofchocolates

SHR Diggs, HRCH Cruz, Soul and always HRCH Cinn SH 500 pt club (06/92 to 01/98), HR Rocks (09/99 to 05/04), HRCH UH Schooner SH 1000 pt club (11/95 to 11/07) and HRCH UH Wagars MH 1500 pt club (12/01 to 09/13).