The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit and Run

Default Hit and Run

I am taking this moment to give an early Thanks.

At aprox 4PM, I was nearly hit head on while on my way to run the dogs. A car coming opposite me suddenly, and I mean suddenly, cut across the middle turn lane and headed toward me. I had just enough time to turn hard right and unbelievably all I got was a busted rear wheel well and bumper.
    Heavy traffic both ways and only 1 person stopped. He couldn't believe I missed the head on and was afraid he was going to get hit also. And the A-hole that hit me(sorry about the language) never stopped and NO ONE went after them or came to tell me a plate #. All we could give the police was a description of the car.

So I am giving Thanks to Rob for stopping. For the proper use of kennels when transporting the dogs. And for being able to walk away from what was the closest I have ever come and ever want to come to a very ugly incident.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

That is definitely somthing to give Thanks about!! So glad you and the dogs are OK.

Vicky
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Some people are like Slinkies.. Not really good for anything..
    But they still bring a smile to your face when you think about pushing them down a flight of stairs.

Glad to hear you and your dogs are okay!!!

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

We are thankful that you and the dogs are O.K. too.
    Colleen

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Chuck,

Sure glad to hear your quick thinking paid off and that you and the dogs are okay. The other car will most likely need repair. It might pay off to sit on that road around the same time tomorrow and see if the car goes by?

Hugs! Ann
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

Glad to hear you and the dogs are o.k. too.

Bill

Probably had a cell phone conversation going on. Thank God your okay.
    Sugarfoots Rascal MH MNH, Master National Hall of Fame (Rascal)
    Leap'n And Pounce'n Sam I Am MH (Sammy)
    Cypress Creek Ramblin Fever MH (Cali)
    Oakridge Ramblin Rascal MH *** (MeToo)
    The Oakridge Highway Man (Bandit)

Glad you're ok and the dogs too. The last couple of seconds before the impact are about as scary as it gets. You too must have had an angel on your shoulder.

We just had a similar accident here a couple of days ago. A few teenagers-recently graduated from high school coming home-they hadn't been drinking or using drugs. A guy who had been convicted THREE times for drunk driving and had lost his license, got on the Interstate going the wrong way & slammed into the car w/ the kids. An 18 year old-star athlete, working on becoming a Master plumber-hard worker with a good job and a bright future was killed. The _____ (insert expletive here) man who hit them took off on foot-and never even thought of helping.

My aunt was killed by a drunk driver. This is too much information, but I have a healthy dose of disrespect for folks who get behind the wheel and don't care how many lives they may ruin because they can't take the time to be responsible.

You have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!!

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you canít take it backÖ"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

Thank god it turned out OK (reasonably as it could)

I had a close call when a little girl ran into the side of my truck. Bike was smashed and she was more scared than hurt. The thing that stuck in my mind was people driving on the should to get past the little girl laying in the road. No one stopped so I picked her up and took her home. Her parents were a bit freaked out. A few days later she sent me a thank you note and said she was sorry she scared me so bad. A trashed bike and a dented hub cap was not so bad.

Sorry for rambling on but is really sad to see how reluctant people are to stop and help.

It also really make you stop and think about what a quarter second one way or the other can make.

Gives you something extra to be thankful this thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Steve Amrein; 11-21-2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Thank god it turned out OK (reasonably as it could)

I had a close call when a little girl ran into the side of my truck. Bike was smashed and she was more scared than hurt. The thing that stuck in my mind was people driving on the should to get past the little girl laying in the road. No one stopped so I picked her up and took her home. Her parents were a bit freaked out. A few days later she sent me a thank you note and said she was sorry she scared me so bad. A trashed bike and a dented hub cap was not so bad.

Sorry for rambling on but is really sad to see how reluctant people are to stop and help.

It also really make you stop and think about what a quarter second one way or the other can make.

Gives you something extra to be thankful this thanksgiving.
    Kids on bikes scare me! They are only one rock in the road from laying flat in front of your vehicle. Glad yours turned out OK - with apparently adult parents & a nice little girl!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!