The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 450 Billion Spent on one day - GDG

Default 450 Billion Spent on one day - GDG

450-billion...yes billion….is spent each year by Americans on one day

Christmas....

- US Gov spent 28 billion on Foreign Aid last year – we spent 450bil on Christmas stuff.
    - If your h-hold income is $45k or better, you are in top 2% in the world
    - 5,479 Children die of diarrhea every day
    - In the time is took your to read this post 8 parents died of AIDS
    - 15million children are with out one or both parents because of AIDS

- As the richest nation in history, do we not have enough stuff??
    - It’s time to put the reason for the season back to the forefront.

This Christmas my daughter and I are asking friends and relatives to donate our gifts to charity in the form financial support to World Vision charities.

$30 buys 5-Ducks and hundreds of egg for a family
    $75 buys a goat and protein rich milk for a family in Haiti or Malawi ($150 funds a breeding pair)
    $50 buys a share of oxen and plow ($575 for the two and the plow)
    $79 sends an AIDS orphan to school for a year in Angola, El Salvador or Zimbabwe

$100 buys a share of a Deep Water well (18k for the entire well)
    $320 Send 10 children to school for a year
    $392 buys a foot pump for field irrigation.
    $500 buys a dairy cow for a family

If you want to help honor Christmas and Christ on his birthday please spend a portion of your Holiday funds on his children – your neighbors.

Visit www.worldvision.org to help

Or choose one from the below…..

Hunger:

www.bread.org
    www.actionagainsthunger.org
    www.thp.org (The Hunger Project)
    www.ob.org
    www.worldhungeryear.org
    www.wr.org

Healthcare:

www.imcworldwide.com
    www.thechildrenhealthsite.com
    www.lifewind.org
    www.blessing.org
    www.mercyships.org

Poverty Relief:

www.brighthope.org
    www.crcna.org
    www.fh.org
    www.gainusa.org
    www.hope-international.org
    www.indiapartners.org
    www.internationalaid.org
    www.shelter.org
    www.one.org

AIDS Relief:

www.data.org
    www.bloodwatermission.org
    www.keepachildalive.org
    www.saveafricachildren.org
    www.churchestogether.org

Education:

www.care.org
    www.crossroads.org
    www.ncm.org
    www.unicefusa.org
    Last edited by charmon; 11-21-2007 at 05:21 PM.
    Strong Like Bull....Smart Like Tractor

Wow, thats a whole lot of money being spent on the things we "need". How about we all just keep a couple bucks back from the Christmas present buying, etc and send it over to those people who really need it? Sounds like a plan to me, lets go for it!!
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

How much of that money is actually spent to help the poor vs. how much is diverted to the local clan leader for his personal wants????
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    How much of that money is actually spent to help the poor vs. how much is diverted to the local clan leader for his personal wants????
    My preferred charity is www.worldvision.org - 89.8% of the their donations go to direct aid both internationally and here at home.
    Last edited by charmon; 11-26-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    Strong Like Bull....Smart Like Tractor

Angry

Charmon:

So wait a minute. Are you saying because we are prosperous and our forefathers worked their tails off and we worked our tails off we should feel guilty now for wanting to share in the prosperity we worked so hard for???

I work hard for what I have! I work 50 and 60 hours/week and sometimes even more! Your wasting your liberal breath if you think I am not entitled to what I have earned. Yes earned! No one gave me a dime. I didn't inherit it and I started out when I was 18 and worked my way to where I make a nice living. I get up at 4 AM and get home at 6 PM everyday.

While you were off at college smoking dope (or doing whatever!!) I was performing back breaking manual labor 60 or more hours/week to get ahead...and going to school at night. I give to local charities that are important to me... and yes I will buy Christmas presents for my friends and family and I am one of those people who fund that $450 billion shot in the arm to the US economy. Without which there would be a lot more needy folks here at home...Did you study economics any???

Put the joint down and join us here in the real world.

Reality....you should try it!!! and No I don't and won't feel guilty for any affluence I have worked so hard to achieve!..and Charity starts at home!

Geesh! Read the closing below. "The more I learn about people the more I like my dog!" Yep that about sums it up!
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

Talking

WOW the richest 2%. I've made it. I give to charities, in fact I will be president of my Rotary Club next year. It is those 2% of us that fund the charities around the world.
    I am not going to suffer from affluenza. Do not feel guilty for the blessings God has bestowed on me or my "rich" friends.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Charmon:

So wait a minute. Are you saying because we are prosperous and our forefathers worked their tails off and we worked our tails off we should feel guilty now for wanting to share in the prosperity we worked so hard for???

I work hard for what I have! I work 50 and 60 hours/week and sometimes even more! Your wasting your liberal breath if you think I am not entitled to what I have earned. Yes earned! No one gave me a dime. I didn't inherit it and I started out when I was 18 and worked my way to where I make a nice living. I get up at 4 AM and get home at 6 PM everyday.

While you were off at college smoking dope (or doing whatever!!) I was performing back breaking manual labor 60 or more hours/week to get ahead...and going to school at night. I give to local charities that are important to me... and yes I will buy Christmas presents for my friends and family and I am one of those people who fund that $450 billion shot in the arm to the US economy. Without which there would be a lot more needy folks here at home...Did you study economics any???

Put the joint down and join us here in the real world.

Reality....you should try it!!! and No I don't and won't feel guilty for any affluence I have worked so hard to achieve!..and Charity starts at home!

Geesh! Read the closing below. "The more I learn about people the more I like my dog!" Yep that about sums it up!
    Sure hope you are never in need!!! So if you want to share with others...you are smoking dope? Grow UP....and go back to work!

Charmon has brought some information to our attention. It is sad. Charmon was attacked for adding information and giving a bit of a call to action. He or she was even attacked personally and called a dope smoker. I personally would rather see this type of call to action than have the government take it from me in April and decide where they want to send it to make them look good. For example, I would rather give it to Feed the Children or something than the U.N. any day.

tt
    mrgd

DISCLAIMER
    "You may not think I'm funny but I do, please don't take anything I say seriously because it's probably not."

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I've been a working stiff all my life, got my first real job in a pickle house when I was 16 although I cut grass or whatever before that. I have always been careful with my heard earned money. For many reasons, I get heartburn from a lot of the charities that pitch for my $$$ on the tube.

#1 on my fecal roster is those that pitch for hungry third world children. I would contribute to a fund to provide birth control or sterilization to their parents, and for the same purpose here. I am a firm believer in 'if you can't feed em don't breed em'. The $$$ sent overseas for these kids could be far better spent at home for American children. As the father of a boy born with tetrology of Fallot(blue baby syndrome) and grandfather of a darling little girl who was born with an oomphalocoele and a bladder extrophy who will be facing extensive and expensive surgeries until she is a teenager I am far more concerned with these and other congenital problems in American children. Niether of these problems nor a host of others with which children here are afflicted have sufficeint research funding(Tay Sachs, Sickle Cell etc etc)

#2 on my fecal roster is AIDS. While there are those who have acquired the disease thru no fault of their own, such as from a blood transfusion and recently an organ transplant, AIDS is in many ways a lifestyle disease. If folks would learn to keep their zipper or panites up in lieu of practising "safe sex" , be straight and/or manogamus and quit using needles to inject IV drugs the AIDs epidemic could be brought under control quickly. It goes without saying that those affected should NOT be reproducing. The money sent to help AIDS orphans and to fight the disease generally world wide could better be spent fighting other diseases here, diseases that are not necessairly caused by lifestyle; Cancer, Alzheimers, Asthema etc etc etc. I feel my $$ is far better spent at say St. Judes Research Hospital for kids with cancer then being sent overseas for kids who will, in time give birth to their own offspring with AIDS.

Charity begins at HOME!
    Last edited by Bob Gutermuth; 11-26-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Thumbs up

Hear Hear!

I whole heartedly concur!

Bob Gutermuth for President!
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"