The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Over!- 2007 FT's-How about our goals?

Default It's Over!- 2007 FT's-How about our goals?

I remember we had a discussion about our goals for 2007, since this past weekend concluded all the trials for the year, it is a good time to reflect on this past year and set goals for next year. I am very satisfied with 2007 my goal was to finish a AA stake with Grady and get Louie on the derby list! Grady had 5 AA placements including a win in the AM and a second in the open and 4 green ribbons. Louie had 19 derby points and a Q win. 2008 I would like to go to a national with Grady and finish a AA stake with Louie. Everyone that knows me, knows that BS, I'm like Kippy I want to win every time we go to the line!! Goodluck to everyone as we enjoy the holiday season. What are your goals for 2008?
    Kippy I'm coming after you!!!!!
    CB
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Cool

bring it on big boy. ozzy and i are just getting started.

My pro said that he thinks my pup will be ready for the derbies on or before the end of winter, so I was hoping to give Susan and Ruckus some friendly competition. I also said I was going to give Ted's pups a run for his money. I just need to figure out the logistic on how I'm going to do both and keep my pup w/ my pros' program. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I think something gotta give

Angelo
    Hit hard and fast! Don't let them know what hit them til it's over!

Highspeed U-Gotta-B-Warrior***
    Highspeed My Little Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Lance-CO View Post
    My pro said that he thinks my pup will be ready for the derbies on or before the end of winter, so I was hoping to give Susan and Ruckus some friendly competition. I also said I was going to give Ted's pups a run for his money. I just need to figure out the logistic on how I'm going to do both and keep my pup w/ my pros' program. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I think something gotta give

Angelo
    Trust me, he may be running at 11 1/2 months, but I'll doubt he'll be doing much placing. I won't run mine in a derby that young, so you'll be on your own.

And who said the competition will be friendly? I have the pup that necessitated the need to check my homeowner's policy for the purchase of a bionic arm for the pro while FFing the puppy.

Besides, I have more fish to fry than that.... I'll have 3 AA contenders by spring. I hope Kippy brings that Ozzie mutt to Wisconsin!

Ozzie's one of my favorites, regards-
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Trust me, he may be running at 11 1/2 months, but I'll doubt he'll be doing much placing. I won't run mine in a derby that young, so you'll be on your own.

And who said the competition will be friendly? I have the pup that necessitated the need to check my homeowner's policy for the purchase of a bionic arm for the pro while FFing the puppy.

Besides, I have more fish to fry than that.... I'll have 3 AA contenders by spring. I hope Kippy brings that Ozzie mutt to Wisconsin!

Ozzie's one of my favorites, regards-
    One of these days I'm going to get this age thing straight. I know a pup will age out at 2 years old for derbies. So when is the right time to run derbies, Qualification, and so on and so on?

I have been reading that some dogs are being qualified before age 2 and FC/AFC before 3. Or are some people are pushing their pups too fast? Is there any drawbacks? Do I sound confused? Well, maybe because I am. Just want the right thing for my pup.

Angelo
    Hit hard and fast! Don't let them know what hit them til it's over!

Highspeed U-Gotta-B-Warrior***
    Highspeed My Little Princess

Goal for 2008......To have the best dog named "Louie" in the country. I know that is a tall order but we will see if "little" Louie is up to the challenge.
    FC Pinmark's Queen Of Pride Rock

Concrete Mixer's Lia Sophia***

Get Spice's basics down. Train for derby.
    Carrie Carlson

Carlsons Harley Davidson CGC "Harley"
    and the corginess...
    Ebonwald's Blazing A Trail "Scout" RIP good buddy...
    UKC CH Ebonwald’s Debts Of The Heart "Daphne” (AKC major pointed)

2007 was a bittersweet year.
    We lost a tough struggle with our beloved Chopper at 3 years old, along with a $15k vet bill. And when it rains it pours, several of our good friends in N. Texas all had real crappy dog health stuff going on at the same time. It sucked a lot.

But for the good...
    Boogie got QAA and finished every trial but 1 i think.
    The Kidd Rock puppy came into our lives.
    We moved into the new house (the mortgage co was very understanding that i spent their next 5 payments on Chopper)
    The old gray original Macho Choco Dawg went hunting after a 2 year break.
    EE had another big growth year.
    EE and Dogs Afield are now one company, which has endless opportunity for growth and synergery.
    Oh and i got married to a girl WAY to hot for me.
    I'm one lucky SOB!!!

For 2008....
    My fat ass has GOT to lose 30lbs in the first quarter. AA stakes for Boogie and Derbies for Kidd would be cool too, but i'm more concerned about lookin like mini Guthrie than i am the dog stuff.

SM

My goal is to finish an AA stake with JoJo, my 3 year old, and be consistent in doing so and maybe sneak in a placement or two!
    "You can have any color you want, so long as its black". Henry Ford

Did not meet our goals. We did get and Am.2nd,3rd and Open 2nd. New goal, fix Whiskey's beaking problem!!!!!!!