The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RFT Entry

Default RFT Entry

I was just online looking for spring trial dates. It occurred to me while looking that it's a real pain to have to go to two different websites to see all the events that can be entered online. The thing that disappointed me most looking at RFT entry was that it didn't have the feature that EntryExpress has where you can click on a dog's name and see the sire and dam, all the owners, and I didn't see the ability to quickly get a listing of all the events that a particular dog has entered.

I really like the ability to search for a dog, owner, or handler, and then get a look at event history and look at results posted on EntryExpress.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I was just online looking for spring trial dates. It occurred to me while looking that it's a real pain to have to go to two different websites to see all the events that can be entered online. The thing that disappointed me most looking at RFT entry was that it didn't have the feature that EntryExpress has where you can click on a dog's name and see the sire and dam, all the owners, and I didn't see the ability to quickly get a listing of all the events that a particular dog has entered.

I really like the ability to search for a dog, owner, or handler, and then get a look at event history and look at results posted on EntryExpress.
    Ditto Buzz, I was thinking the same thing last weekend when I was following the results. Kudos to EE.

ANgelo
    Hit hard and fast! Don't let them know what hit them til it's over!

Highspeed U-Gotta-B-Warrior***
    Highspeed My Little Princess

I see that EE only has 2007 results now viewable. Will there be any way older results can be archived for view?
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    I see that EE only has 2007 results now viewable. Will there be any way older results can be archived for view?
    Hey Nancy! You can change the start date of your search back to the beginning of time, or since Aycock was a teenager, whichever came first. We default it to the end of 2006 so people looking for 2007 data don't have to change the begin date on most of their searches. It also saves processing time if we don't have a blank start date and it has to process everything in the database.

As far as the two places to go for event info. ALL EVENTS using an online entry system will be on EE for entry. The non-EE events will close a couple days earlier so we can send your entries on your behalf. I hope this will minimize the new confusion and lessen the burden.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Shayne

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post

I didn't notice that. I wonder when they truncated the results. I seem to remember talk about archiving old results to speed up the download of the entry page for users still on dial-up. So, maybe it's a work in progress...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne Mehringer View Post
    As far as the two places to go for event info. ALL EVENTS using an online entry system will be on EE for entry. The non-EE events will close a couple days earlier so we can send your entries on your behalf. I hope this will minimize the new confusion and lessen the burden.

Shayne
    That's nice to know...

I noticed because a friend was text messaging me about South Louisiana Retriever Club D-Q, and I couldn't find it on EE. On a whim I went to RFT Entry and found the event there.
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-13-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Hey Nancy! You can change the start date of your search back to the beginning of time, or since Aycock was a teenager, whichever came first. We default it to the end of 2006 so people looking for 2007 data don't have to change the begin date on most of their searches. It also saves processing time if we don't have a blank start date and it has to process everything in the database.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Shayne
    Three cheers for EE, they truly have invented a better mousetrap.
    For that reason I'd hope that events secretaries will use them

Thanks Shane, I knew there had to be someway to see those results!
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

ALL EVENTS using an online entry system will be on EE for entry. The non-EE events will close a couple days earlier so we can send your entries on your behalf.
    Shayne,

In this scenario, how are entry cancellations 24 hours prior to the close handled ?

Jeff
    Jeff Telander
    Durham, NC

FC AFC CT Broad Reach Devil Made Me Doit CD "Sinner"
    Broad Reach Smarty Pants

Forever in my heart
    OTCh Broad Reach Diesel TD MH UDX2***
    CH Broad Reach Gripper UD MH
    OTCh R Labs Darth Wader TD JH
    OTCh Teracroft Topaz TD JH

Melanie Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I didn't see the ability to quickly get a listing of all the events that a particular dog has entered.
    It would be great if EE could not only provide the list of events the dog ran, but could list a summary of results for that dog from those trials (rather than requiring one to go look up each individual trial's results). But maybe we're getting greedy.

Would it be possible to provide a link to the trial results from the list of events in which the dog was entered? That would save a step.