RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2007 - Rest in Peace

4K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  Roger Perry 
#1 ·
As we remember the accomplishments and highs of 2007, I would like to pause and say a prayer for those we lost in 2007.

My mother, Marcia Cozens
My Son-in-law's grandmother, Donna
Kristie's beloved Joie
A Raz puppy, Rusty, so much potential and not a chance to show it.
FC AFC Brookdales Sugar and Spice, our JJ's dam.
Shayne's Chopper

Rest in Peace-

lesa c

G
#2 ·
My grandfather, Sam Liggin
WaterDog's Trida Stop Me MH
2 tiny, sweet little puppies (lavender and yellow collars)
1 sweet pet bunny, Pibbit

My best friend, Michele's father, Grandpa Cookie
One of my other best friends, Nancy's oldest dogs Hannah, Lucy and Jazz (she's down to one dog who is going through some serious grief after losing her three "sisters")

Lily, a setter belonging to a client, who accidentally got out of the yard and hit by a car even though she was well-trained... Just heard about that a few days ago...

-Kristie

#8 ·
I am still crying from the news about Ginger (Brookdale's Sugar and Spice)
Ginger was relatively young (6 or 7). What happened? When did she pass?

Ted

#9 ·
Ginger was only 7, would have been 8 next Feb.

We heard from Jim and Judy yesterday.

"Ginger was diaganosed last Saturday with Malignant Histiocytic Sarcoma....a very aggressive cancer that by the time the symptoms are displayed the cancer is stystemic. Her inability to breathe normally was made difficult by the fluid build up in the thoraxic cavity. She was able to be with us until this morning. From what we are reading the disease is not a common one for Labs.... (Burmese Mt Dogs are very susceptible).... But who know why?"

We have Ginger's 10 week old yellow female pup by Lean Mac, J.J.
J.J. is a bundle of joy and already showing that she might be the one that gets us into running field trials.

I saw Ginger last month when I flew up to Wisconsin to get J.J. and she was a picture of health at that time. The news from Jim and Judy was quite a shock.

Marty

#10 ·
The first retriever I ever owned or trained. My best friend, my little girl.

HR Montana's Golden Retrieves
11/20/99-8/28/07

#11 ·
I lost my first retriever and my best friend and heart dog. When you make it to almost 14 years you really forget that you won't have them forever. Whether I ever get any ribbons or titles with any other dog-none will be as sweet as the ones she gave me. She was such a good dog & no matter what we were doing-as long as we were together that's all that mattered. I lost sight of that of one point and asked her to do things she didn't have the training to do and really let her down, but she forgave me and had a really good run in HTs the last couple years of her life. She was truly my best friend.

M

#12 ·
My sincerest sympathies for the losses each have experienced this year.

My only sibling, Patrick
My only aunt, Julia
My only cousin, Bill

and my dear friends' sun: GRHRCH UH Dakota's Cajun Roux MH

"Time heals all wounds" ... um, guess it just depends on how long we live. Cherish your memories and count your blessings: yesterdays, todays and tomorrows.

Kev

#13 ·
HRCH UH MAK's Windjammers High Tide SH

Schooner was my heart, my buddy and the gentleman in my life for the past 12 years. The memories mean so very much.

GRHRCH Bush's Black Jack MH QAA owned and loved by Frank Bush

Such a talented animal that was all heart.

FC AFC HRCH Gator Pts Sweet Potato Pie

What an animal.

Janet Kimbrough

#20 ·
HRCH UH MAK's Windjammers High Tide SH

Schooner was my heart, my buddy and the gentleman in my life for the past 12 years. The memories mean so very much.

GRHRCH Bush's Black Jack MH QAA owned and loved by Frank Bush

Such a talented animal that was all heart.

FC AFC HRCH Gator Pts Sweet Potato Pie

What an animal. The impact she has had on the retriever world cannot be expressed in words.
GRHRCH UH Dakota's Cajun Roux MH-my Mojo lost her Daddy, the retriever world lost a champion, and the Prudhomme's lost a son.

All the U.S Troops that have fallen in Iraq!! God Bless their sacrifice!!!

Cory

#21 ·
Our deepest sympathies to everyone who has lost a beloved person in their lives this year.
May time help to make the loss easier to bear.
To all those who have lost their canine companions, may time also dull your hurt a bit.
We lost Chase's Ring-A-Ding Ding, MH to heart disease this fall. He finished 35 masters and a master national, but more than anything he was our very loyal friend.
"The loss is immeasurable, but so to is the love left behind."

#23 · (Edited)
In the last year I've lost the 2 loves of my life. My wonderful loving mother Rosemary "Rosie" Maddox, and my girl HRCH-Tanks Alot for the Dance-MH "Dancy". Both truly define the unconditional love shared with us by our Lord Jesus. One can't imagine what I would give to hold my mother's hand one more time, or run just one more water blind with Dancy.

Dancy has left behind some wonderful pups that I am sure make their mama proud.
FC-Bayou Teche Tex
FC-Butchs Dream Code of TCR
QAA-Dream Dancin
Dancin Dreamer Kate-MH
Gettin Jiggy Widdit-MH(QAA R Bust).
I just hope that I can make mama Rosie as proud.

BTW:I remember when Dancy,Janet's Schoonie, and Frank's Jack were all pups running started and seasoned HRC tests. They just don't stay with us long enough.

#25 ·
David,

I had spoken to Phil at the passing of your mother earlier this year. I'm so very sorry.

We had a a bunch of great time back then did we? I miss seeing you at hunt tests. Its hard to believe it was 10 years ago. What a group of dogs they were! We were so blessed.

Janet

#26 ·
My sincere condolences to everyone who has lost a loved one in their life.

View attachment 388

We lost our Brittany... Padre Island Party Boy (1-26-05 to 4-8-07). He was my best friend and companion (when my husband when be gone with the Labs running trials - he was always here with me).

#28 ·
HRCH UH Magnum MH WC - Magnum you had a great life hunting with your poppa. We have your daughter to carry on your legacy and she's turned out to be so much like you.

HRCH UH Dusty - I still cry just thinking about you. He was too young.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.