The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your chance to "throw down" on liberal anti-gun media....

Default Your chance to "throw down" on liberal anti-gun media....

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=3318

Read about the exchange then watch the clip....MSNBC's email address is included.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

We all know that firearms are used as many as two and a half million times a year for self-defense.

68,493 times a day. Get a grip, KG.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

That was sarcasm, right???

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    We all know that firearms are used as many as two and a half million times a year for self-defense.

You might want to check you arithmetic. Sarcasm or not that is information that I did not know and information I have a difficult time believing unless one considers deer, ducks and pheasants a threat.
    Jim Pickering

Yeah....off by a couple of decimal points! The scary, but not surprising, thing is the adamant continuation of personal beliefs/values being displayed by a person who would describe herself as open-minded, I'm sure. The liberal, intellectual elite believe they are smarter than the rest of us and need to think for us!

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day.

Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz, "Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense With a Gun," 86 The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Northwestern University School of Law, 1 (Fall 1995):164.
    Dr. Kleck is a professor in the school of criminology and criminal justice at Florida State University in Tallahassee. He has researched extensively and published several essays on the gun control issue. His book, Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America, has become a widely cited source in the gun control debate. In fact, this book earned Dr. Kleck the prestigious American Society of Criminology Michael J. Hindelang award for 1993. This award is given for the book published in the past two to three years that makes the most outstanding contribution to criminology.
    Even those who don't like the conclusions Dr. Kleck reaches, cannot argue with his impeccable research and methodology. In "A Tribute to a View I Have Opposed," Marvin E. Wolfgang writes that, "What troubles me is the article by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz. The reason I am troubled is that they have provided an almost clear-cut case of methodologically sound research in support of something I have theoretically opposed for years, namely, the use of a gun in defense against a criminal perpetrator.... I have to admit my admiration for the care and caution expressed in this article and this research. Can it be true that about two million instances occur each year in which a gun was used as a defensive measure against crime? It is hard to believe. Yet, it is hard to challenge the data collected. We do not have contrary evidence." Wolfgang, "A Tribute to a View I Have Opposed," The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, at 188.
    Wolfgang says there is no "contrary evidence." Indeed, there are more than a dozen national polls -- one of which was conducted by The Los Angeles Times -- that have found figures comparable to the Kleck-Gertz study. Even the Clinton Justice Department (through the National Institute of Justice) found there were as many as 1.5 million defensive users of firearms every year. See National Institute of Justice, "Guns in America: National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms," Research in Brief (May 1997).
    As for Dr. Kleck, readers of his materials may be interested to know that he is a member of the ACLU, Amnesty International USA, and Common Cause. He is not and has never been a member of or contributor to any advocacy group on either side of the gun control debate.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

WHAT PART OF THE WORDS'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED' are difficult for anti gun rights folks to understand? As a youngster I used to read Dads 'American Rifleman'.. The column, The Armed Citizen usually was one small column. Today it takes up a full page. This page is devoted solely to the use of firearms by law abiding citizens to protect themselves or others from the threat of imminent bodily harm or death at the hands of outlaws or in some cases attacking pitbulls or bears and such.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Talking

It never ceases to amaze me how much those that make their living because of the first amendment are so quick to trash the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    WHAT PART OF THE WORDS'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED'

My grandfather had a custom belt buckle he wore everyday and it read “From My Cold Dead Fingers” Under that was "U.S.M.C" .….and I know he meant it. I wish I had gotten that buckle from him I would wear it everyday.

This chick would be the first to thank the sane gun carrying security person if her dumb ass was in the church though! The media is a much worse weapon these day's than the guns, just my $0.02.
    Misty Marsh Gun Dog Supplies is your source for Elsema remote release electronics, Dogtra, Sport Dog, Tri-Tronics, Armadillo foam, Dokken, Gunners Up wingers, Retriever Specalists, Alfa, Smartworks, and more. www.mistymarsh.com