The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Company Christmas party

Default Company Christmas party

Well I just got home from the dreaded company Christmas party. Going stag always makes it way more interesting. With people dancing on tables and sort of undressing I am sure there are plenty of stories to share. By the way the dancing and undressing was done by someone other then this author. Although some one had a camera and was clicking pictures for the bulletin board on Monday.

Good grief I know they say we should attend these but jimminy crickets do we have to act like silly no minds?
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Are you sure you weren't the TABLE DANCER???

Janet
    JK'sboxofchocolates

SHR Diggs, Soul, Mooney and always HRCH Cinn SH 500 pt club (06/92 to 01/98), HR Rocks (09/99 to 05/04), HRCH UH Schooner SH 1000 pt club (11/95 to 11/07) and HRCH UH Wagars MH 1500 pt club (12/01 to 09/13).

Top two reasons to NOT attend the company Christmas party:

1) Seeing Co-workers at their worst.
    2) Co-workers seeing you at your worst.

Quote Originally Posted by jksboxofchocolates View Post
    Are you sure you weren't the TABLE DANCER???

Janet
    Absolutely! With only a glass or two of wine I was quite well to not choose to dance on the table, but thanks for having your doubts my FRIEND

Now you on the other hand I would expect to be the one pushing the tables together to get more people up there with you!
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Margo Ellis View Post
    Now you on the other hand I would expect to be the one pushing the tables together to get more people up there with you!

LOL...sounds like jksboxofchocolates knows how to party!!!

I'd be the one egging people on to get up and dance....hehehehehehe!!

Vicky
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I used to dread working right around Christmas. Office parties meant that Joe or Jane Sixpack was going to be drinking heavily, and generally not drinking Old Frothingslosh, but the bosses high dollar potent potables. Folks that are used to beer who put away high octane alcoholic beverages are prone to dance on table tops or use the Xerox machine in place of a bed or do other really incredibly dumb things. It was the pits when these parties were held on Christmas Eve, and the drunks went home to mamma all oiled up. We used to get more domestic related calls that evening than any other night of the year. Combine the booze with the depression that the holiday season brings to some and we really had to deal with a lot of rectums that nite. New Years Eve was a breeze by comparison cause there were lots of happy drunks anbd very few maudlin combative ones.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

And you just have to love the guy/gal that gets drunked up and starts running their mouth about “how lucky the company is to have them…I can make a twice as much at xyz company” “I made this company”…typically is a person on their way out because the don’t even cover their expenses.

Now Margo, You know better than that as we have partied in Memphis before. I might be the one pushing the tables together but not for me to get up there.

Janet
    JK'sboxofchocolates

SHR Diggs, Soul, Mooney and always HRCH Cinn SH 500 pt club (06/92 to 01/98), HR Rocks (09/99 to 05/04), HRCH UH Schooner SH 1000 pt club (11/95 to 11/07) and HRCH UH Wagars MH 1500 pt club (12/01 to 09/13).

Not too many careers have been helped by attending the office Christmas party, but a lot have ended there.