RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Need latest & greatest on pheasant hunting in SW Kansas

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Susie Royer 
#1 ·
Howdy all,
I wasn wondering if anyone out there knows how the cockbird hunting has been lately from Garden City thru Dodge city??? I always head down that way every year right at the first of the year and hunt with some folks I know....been doing it since 1996.

Lainee, Dave, Flash and Bullet were invited to go however they can't make it. I have wondering how the Bullet dog would do on cockbirds that run with their Nikes on. Now Flashman, he is a pheasant hunting fool, almost as good as my old yellow dog, Conan :)

love ya Lainee,

Greg

#3 ·
I haven't been to that part of Kan. But I do know that the bird population should be good. I went to the panhandle of Ok out to the Guymon area and saw more birds than I have in quite a while. We usually hunt around the Pratt Kan. area but do to several other factors have not made it out that way yet. But from what I hear the birds are good. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Greg,

We are heading out that way over new years - 28-1st, will let you know....Flashman is loosing a step or two, but he would rather hunt pheasants than anything else.....he loves the ducks, but I think he lives for pheasants! Bullet is down south training, but I do want to get him out and see how he does.....possibly next year, he did okay with dove.

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

#6 ·
I see how y'all are, don't want to go with me huh

Seriously, losing a step or two, heck that means he still is better than most I am sure...I will be leaving Wednesday night and hunt Thursday 3 Jan thru Sunday 6 Jan. Y'all are more than welcome to come then or stick around...

Need your address.....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

#5 · (Edited)
Hi Greg, we were 54 miles north of Dodge City. My hunting party had their limits except for me. I can't shoot worth a $h!t on moving targets and I did not have a dog that is exclusively working for me too. It was great but a lot of hard work crossing the field w/ thick weeds and snow.

Angelo

#7 ·
Sounds like you have the "Lainee" disease :)

Greg

#8 ·
Hey I'm a better shot than David!!! :p And by far a better shot than Angelo - so that should give you an idea of how bad a shot Angelo is! hahahahahaha

FOM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.