The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Political Quiz

  1. #1
    Senior Member J Hoggatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Grand Island, NE.
    Posts
    328

    Default Political Quiz

    .....AND NOW . HOW ABOUT A LITTLE QUIZ?
    • A little history lesson: If you don't know the answer, make your best guess.
    • Answer all the questions, before looking at the answers.


    • Who said the following?


    1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

    A. Karl Marx
    B. Adolph Hitler
    C. Joseph Stalin
    D. None of the above

    2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

    A. Lenin
    B. Mussolini
    C. Idi Amin
    D. None of the Above

    3) "(We)...can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

    A. Nikita Khrushev
    B. Jose f Goebbels
    C. Boris Yeltsin
    D. None of the above

    4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own...in order to create this common ground."

    A. Mao Tse Dung
    B. Hugo Chavez
    C. Kim Jong Il
    D. None of the above

    5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

    A. Karl Marx
    B. Lenin
    C. Molotov
    D. None of the above

    6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

    A. Pinochet
    B. Milosevic
    C. Saddam Hussein
    D. None of the above

    Answers:

    (1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004
    (2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007
    (3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
    (4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
    (5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
    (6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

    "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

    "Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Sounds like it was taken directly from Das Kapital or The Communist Manifesto doesn't it?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    620

    Default

    The biggest problem with the collapse of the Soviet Union is that we lost a very bad example. Now we keep moving in that direction. Unfortunately someone like Ron Paul, who has some excellent ideas, comes off like a nutcase when he talks about 911. Even the Republicans do a p-poor job of defending the moral superiority of capitalism.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

  4. #4
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    A few more quotes:

    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    Dwight Eisenhower April 16, 1953

    And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy, January 21, 1961

    And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
    Matthew 19:24

    But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind
    And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee.
    ..
    Luke 14:13-14

    [W]e here highly resolve ... that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
    Abraham Lincoln, November 19, 1863

  5. #5
    Senior Member Page's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Oh so scary.

  6. #6
    Junior Member cwa1104sab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Hoggatt View Post
    .....AND NOW . HOW ABOUT A LITTLE QUIZ?
    • A little history lesson: If you don't know the answer, make your best guess.
    • Answer all the questions, before looking at the answers.


    • Who said the following?


    1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

    A. Karl Marx
    B. Adolph Hitler
    C. Joseph Stalin
    D. None of the above

    2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

    A. Lenin
    B. Mussolini
    C. Idi Amin
    D. None of the Above

    3) "(We)...can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

    A. Nikita Khrushev
    B. Jose f Goebbels
    C. Boris Yeltsin
    D. None of the above

    4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own...in order to create this common ground."

    A. Mao Tse Dung
    B. Hugo Chavez
    C. Kim Jong Il
    D. None of the above

    5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

    A. Karl Marx
    B. Lenin
    C. Molotov
    D. None of the above

    6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

    A. Pinochet
    B. Milosevic
    C. Saddam Hussein
    D. None of the above

    Answers:

    (1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004
    (2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007
    (3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
    (4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
    (5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
    (6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

    Im new here so Im not looking to make enemies so fast but.... one thing I learned is if you make statements like that you should also post what reputable source they came from or they have no credibility......
    Sab

  7. #7
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwa1104sab View Post
    Im new here so Im not looking to make enemies so fast but.... one thing I learned is if you make statements like that you should also post what reputable source they came from or they have no credibility......
    Reading the actual statements she made in context is much less inflammatory and therefore uninteresting to those interested in a roast. Her comments in number 6 were addressing profiteering by oil companies following Katrina. Her comments in number 5 were part of a list of things that have failed to provide moral direction for kids in a way that might reduce teen pregnancy and abortion. Her comments in number 4 were addressing the problems of balancing health care priorities. You can see some of the originals at http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/gov...n_quotes_2.htm.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Profiteering oil comanies? I was under the impression that individual gas stations were convicted of profiteering, not the oil companies themselves. Please correct me if that is not true.
    What she was referring to was what she called "windfall profits" of the oil comanies, and how the government needed to "take" those profits because they were somehow excessive and redistribute them to the social programs that she uses to buy votes.
    It's very easy for her and those like her to demonize "Big Oil", "Big Tobacco", and "The Rich" because most Americans are too caught up in American Idol and Survivor to pay any attention to what is going on in the federal government. Most have no understanding of economics, of how our government works (or is supposed to work) or the powers of the three branches of government. They just want someone else to be responsible for their lives. They just want those of us who work hard to carry the burden of paying the bills for those who don't. The idea that each individual is responsible for himself is somehow getting lost.
    I would be willing to bet that many here on this forum have never read our Constitution. Many here believe that the Constitution grants us the right to vote for the office of President of the United States. If you haven't read the Constitution lately, take the time to look it over. You're already on line and can probably find it with Google in about ten seconds. I try to read it every year or so (especially around election time) and always find it enlightening. Hopefully, it will make you think about the true role of our Federal Government.
    I'm off the soapbox and off to train. Hope all of you have a blessed Christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate) and good luck with the dogs.
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  9. #9
    Member DuckManiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bryan, TX
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I have heard some say they are concerned that someday we all will be using rubber ducks in field trials. If Billary is elected I’m not afraid of this happening, but I’m afraid we will be using wooden guns while hunting.
    Tony

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckManiac View Post
    but I’m afraid we will be using wooden guns while hunting.
    Tony

    From my (our) cold dead fingers regards

Similar Threads

  1. Not really political But What do you think
    By badbullgator in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 03:01 PM
  2. Political GDG - The More Things Change - Political GDG
    By Marvin S in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 09:23 AM
  3. Political but not so Political....received this in an email. gdg
    By WRL in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 07:32 AM
  4. Math Quiz
    By Gun_Dog2002 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 04:36 PM
  5. Pop Quiz
    By Chad Clagg in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 05:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •