The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: The Dogs saved us !!!!

Default The Dogs saved us !!!!

While decorating the Christmas tree Anna and my 12 yo niece had a intruder open the front door of the house and the 3 dogs ran to the door barking and he slammed the door shut. My niece saw the hand on the slide window glass as he ran off. Anna called the Police. I was 5 minutes from home. The Police saw no one and I could not find anybody either. The cop was nice and she said maybe someone was at the wrong house since the all look similar. I am really glad the dogs protect the house and bark like they are going to kill someone. The same goes for protecting the truck. I am not sure what would have happened because the tree (and niece) was clearly visible from the door. I hope it was a mistake and not something worse. The sad thing is we used to live in a bad part of town and moved to a county with way less crime. I would expect it from the old neighborhood and was prepared but it goes to show you that crime has no boundaries. The dogs had extra cookies this Christmas
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Sounds like another agressive golden thread to me!!!

Glad it was a good thing this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    The sad thing is we used to live in a bad part of town and moved to a county with way less crime. I would expect it from the old neighborhood and was prepared but it goes to show you that crime has no boundaries.

We had the same creeping bad neighborhood thing happening to us when I was a kid. We moved back to the family farm. We were in school and both parents worked away from home. We were robbed three times in the first few years. We were never robbed in the "rough neighborhood."

We let it be known around the coffee shop that all of the extended family have been given shoot on sight orders if they saw anyone breaking in while we were gone. The robberies stopped.

One time they took stupid stuff like perfume, and two pounds of bacon, and of course the TV and VCR. They must have been illiterate though since they cleared out the drawer that had an envelope full of cash that said Tax Money on it. They left the envelope.

tt
    mrgd

DISCLAIMER
    "You may not think I'm funny but I do, please don't take anything I say seriously because it's probably not."