RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Condolences

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Pepper Dawg 
#1 ·
I admit becoming softer as I, myself age and unfortunately both canine and human losses become more frequent.

I thought a little humor may lighten this thread.

As I was posting my recent additions, and am not terribly good on the computer, I was distracted.

I heard one of the dogs, as I typed, chewing on something, but as our house is pretty dog proof and the dogs well behaved, did not check what was happening.

After hitting, the final submit, I looked down, and one of my dogs had chewed a new sports shoe. I laughing said, as he gaily delivered the wrecked shoe, I am going to kill you. Dogs do brighten our lives without even trying.

#2 ·
It took me awhile to read this. I have suffered recently a loss of my golden to cancer. I also lost a good friend, she fought with all her will,but a cure was not meant to be. I lost a Uncle last year to illness, from the Vietman War..He was the person who introduced me to training with his German Shepards. There is not a day goes by I don't think of him.. It is soo hard to lose the ones we love, both dogs and humans. Maria

#3 ·
Last retrieve for Rebel

I had to do the worst thing any of us could ever have to do. My best friend of almost 16 yrs had to be put down. I know in my heart it was best for him. I hope he understood. I feel at times I betrayed him. But I just couldn't bear to see him suffer anymore. I've got years of good memories to keep me going. Hope he's having fun checked out the duck holes in heaven till I get there. For those of you who read this please say a pray for Rebel. Tucker and I would appreciate it very much.
Sincerely, Cam Huff :cry:

#5 ·
You gave Rebel the greatest gift you could - an end to his suffering. There was no betrayal and if he could, he would thank you. Rebel will live in your heart forever and he will be waiting for you at the Bridge.

Andy

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
My wife and I had the priviledge of making a half dozen trips to India for humanitarian purposes with stays from 3 weeks to 2 months. We worked in a remote tribal area where dogs were certainly not kept as pets and were for the most part wild strays. Our host who loved dogs had one that she found on the street and took in as part of her family. While we were staying there "******" befriended us and was at our side for two whole months. I woke up many times at night and could feel a cold nose poking under the mosquito netting sniffing or licking my face. We both came to love that dog and when we left she seemed sad to see us go too. We were saddened to hear of her passing from a snake bite this past winter. I will never forget her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.