RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

stain remover

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Debbie C 
#1 ·
what do yall use to remove the pee smell after yer pup has an accident ??
i AM going to crate train ... but accidents do happen.
I could get excited when I get him home and .... ...oooops !!!

i know gettin the smell totally out is important ... i dont want an accident becoming HIS spot !!
thanks

#8 ·
I use Nature's Miracle or ODO-BAN. Nature's Miracle does such a great job that rarely does the pup repeat in the same spot, and it leaves virtually no discernable (to me) lingering scent -or at least it's mild and unobjectionable (been awhile since I've needed to use it). ODO-BAN also does a great job but it leaves a more industrial cleaner-like smell. I prefer to use Nature's Miracle in the crate if I'm going to be putting the pup back in shortly.

I get ODO-BAN at Sam's Club and it's pretty cheap. Nature's Miracle is much more expensive and I've only found it at pet supply stores like Pet$mart.

Kevin

#14 ·
Wait,,, I was wrong.... It's oxy deep by Woolite. Takes the stain out better than any other product and I've tried them all. Of the brands made for pet stain removal, I like Stain Stealer the best, but it's hard to find. Natures miracle and the others didn't work as well as Stain Stealer at least for me... I also hate having to pay through the nose at petsmart for it or have to mail order it all the time. I like being able to get what I need at the grocery store.

Vinegar doesn't help so much with the stain, maybe the smell, but not the stain. For those who are more "Green" orientated, the hydrogen peroxide mix used for removing skunk oder from dogs works well. Make sure your carpet is color fast though.

Angie

#15 ·
I've found the Woolite one works best too, have never had much luck with those expensive miracle stain removers.

#17 ·
I thought there was something on the news a while back saying that Febreeze and other related products were toxic to the dogs and that spraying their bedding to freshen it up or cover up accident smell, or even washing the floors with related stuff could make them really sick? Just wondering, because after I had heard that, I stopped using it. Anyone else hear that??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.