The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will it ever end?

Default Will it ever end?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22571349/?GT1=10755

I am beyond tired of it. Know what I got for losing a roof in Charlie and severe damage from Wilma? You guessed it zero dollars. Then again, know what I asked for…..yep zero. Know what I SUED for……again……
    Die already I am sick of the it is not my responsibility attitude that people have that makes them think they are entitled to something. Even worse are the stinking attorneys that will sue anyone over anything.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Wink

Even if all are denied anything for their claims the dollars spent in defending Army Corps will be staggering. 60,000 suits filed by one attorney, wonder what the total number of suits is against all parties. And We the Smucks (er... People) will be paying for it all.

I too lost my roof in Charlie and went after the same amount you did.

Any lawyer that would sue for that amount of money should be dis barred and the taken into the town square and let people walk by and kick them in the b....

Why dont lawyers put energy into something good like a injunction keeping paris hilton from being on TV.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

You guys have been thru some terrible times....a wonder you hang in there....but it's home and I would do the same up here. Turning the hard times to good times takes time, but more importantly it takes the right attitude, working hard and taking responsibility. Just what you have done and are doing...You have my respect....RESPECT.
    Peter Linn

Is he your best buddy or just a notch on your belt? Train to teach, be fair.

Choctaw's Esperando La Magica "Breeze" ** MH
    Surfer Joe II

http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=146721

BBG and Capt'n D, did the Army Corp of Engineers build the roofs on your homes? If they did, then you should have sued.

That is what the suits are about. The Corp built faulty levees that were suppose to handle Cat 3 hurricanes. The city was hit by a Cat2 and the water didn't breach the levees, it crumbled them! Florida has also never seen the extent of damage done like that of Katrina. To imagine the extent of damage, picture 20 feet of water covering 80% of Orlando and three additional counties! That was in La alone and not counting Mississippi.

I'm all against frivilous law suits and many of these are. I also think that when one choose to live in an area below sea level, that you take your own lumps when it floods. However, the levees were suppose to protect the city up to a Cat4 hurricane and that is what the citizens of the city have been told for years by the Corp!

I doubt 1% on these suits will ever come to fruition. The good news is the price of petroleum is up and as the largest producer of gasoline in the lower 48 states, the state will start receiving a higher percentage of the offshore oil royalities. The Feds have been raping the state long enough and we are finally on a path of receiving a percentage closer to our fair share of our offshore royalties.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    BBG and Capt'n D, did the Army Corp of Engineers build the roofs on your homes? If they did, then you should have sued.

That is what the suits are about. The Corp built faulty levees that were suppose to handle Cat 3 hurricanes. The city was hit by a Cat2 and the water didn't breach the levees, it crumbled them! Florida has also never seen the extent of damage done like that of Katrina. To imagine the extent of damage, picture 20 feet of water covering 80% of Orlando and three additional counties! That was in La alone and not counting Mississippi.

I'm all against frivilous law suits and many of these are. I also think that when one choose to live in an area below sea level, that you take your own lumps when it floods. However, the levees were suppose to protect the city up to a Cat4 hurricane and that is what the citizens of the city have been told for years by the Corp!

I doubt 1% on these suits will ever come to fruition. The good news is the price of petroleum is up and as the largest producer of gasoline in the lower 48 states, the state will start receiving a higher percentage of the offshore oil royalities. The Feds have been raping the state long enough and we are finally on a path of receiving a percentage closer to our fair share of our offshore royalties.
    All well and good, but if I lived in an area that is basically below sea level and was only protected by dykes and levees I would not hold the Corps responsible for damage to my home. For example, Lake Okeechobee is dyked by those same engineers and I for one would never build anything of value near the lake, nor would I stay there in a big storm, nor would I sue the corps for an act of God. I accept that my roof blew off because I live in an area prone to hurricanes and that is nobodies fault but my own. There are consequences to every action and living somewhere is a choice. If you are redheaded with fair skin and prone to skin cancer Arizona may not be a good place for you.
    BTW I have always heard the levees where built to withstand category 3 hurricanes, not 4’s???
    I agree with you on the oil and have been have voiced my opinions on offshore drilling in Florida to my representatives many times. I am all for it and would love to see some platforms in my neck of the woods.

I just did some checking and all I find is that they were build to withstand a 3 and not a 4.
    Both of these quotes are form The Times-Picayune

There was, at the same time, a growing recognition that more research was needed to see what New Orleans must do to protect itself from a Category 4 or 5 hurricane. But once again, the money was not there. As the Times-Picayune reported last Sept. 22:

The levee system was designed to protect the city from a hurricane that would have been weaker than Katrina, a Category 4 hurricane.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 01-09-2008 at 03:17 PM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Folks along the Mississippi river were hit in the great flood of 93 since then they have a high water mark. They call it the 500 year flood mark. After the flood came and eventually went houses that were damaged more than 75% could not be rebuilt and remain below the high water mark + a few more feet. Building permits for new houses had to be above this as well. The river is corp controlled. Are the levee's corp, private or city built that keep NO from returning to a swamp. What happens when a bigger huricane hits and it floods again and it will. There are 2 kinds of levee's ones that fail and one that will. Maybe all the house's should be raised above sea level.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Build your house in a hole surrounded by water and you gonna get wet.
    Last edited by Dman; 01-09-2008 at 04:14 PM.

"Build your house in a hole surrounded by water and you gonna get wet."

Wiser words were never spoken.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Thumbs down

And Guess Who Gets Rich????Those lawyers - just like our 'beloved' political bottom feeders. Not just those cited below. We do take GOOD care of ALL of them.

And Bill Watson thought he had hidden my soap box.

If Hillary wins in 2008 and Bill is 'appointed' to fill her Senate
    seat and either live to retire 'they' (together or alone) would get two US Presidential retirement checks, two US Senate retirement checks, and a retirement check from the State of Arkansas .

About the only thing they MIGHT NOT get is a Social Security check....but I wouldn't bet on it....

I understand ole Bill has earned $40,000,000 in the past six years.

What a guy!

AND THE REST OF THE STORY... Hilarious Rotten Clinton, as a New York State Senator, now comes under the 'Congressional Retirement and Staffing Plan,' which means that even if she never gets reelected, she STILL receives her Congressional salary until she dies. (Would it not be nice if all Americans were pension eligible after only 4 years?)

If Bill outlives her, he then inherits HER salary until HE dies. He is already getting his Presidential salary until he dies. If Hillary outlives Bill, she also gets HIS salary until she dies. Guess who pays for that?

It's common knowledge that in order for her to establish NY residency, they purchased a million dollar-plus house in upscale Chappaqua , New York .

Makes sense!

They are entitled to Secret Service protection for life.
    Still makes sense.
    Here is where it becomes interesting. Their mortgage payments hover at around $10,000 per month. BUT, an extra residence 'had' to be built within the acreage to house the Secret Service agents
    The Clintons charge the Federal government $10,000 monthly rent for the use of that extra residence, which is about equal to their mortgage payment. This means that we, the taxpayers, are paying the Clinton 's salary, mortgage, transportation, safety and security, as well as the salaries for their 12 man staff -- and, this is all perfectly legal!
    A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.