RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

White,Silver,Choc., and Silver Labs oh My!!

3K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  LabLady101 
#1 ·
Saw this in a local "Shopper's Guide" and I thought it was most informative?
http://www.harborlabradors.com/
Didn't know that AKC was registering this many colors of Labs.?
Thursday humor on a very very snowy day. Can't even see across my yard it's snowing so hard.
Sue

#4 ·
can you say....................PUPPY MILL

#9 ·
Yuck is right....... from the AKC "standard"..... (Just for fun - I'd love to send them an email ask them to explain how a "silver" or "white" can be registered with AKC when it's not even an approved color!!):

Color
The Labrador Retriever coat colors are black, yellow and chocolate. Any other color or a combination of colors is a disqualification..... Black--Blacks are all black..... Yellow--Yellows may range in color from fox-red to light cream, with variations in shading on the ears, back, and underparts of the dog. Chocolate--Chocolates can vary in shade from light to dark chocolate.

#11 ·
do any of these "silver" labs have any sort of field pedigree

Jason

#12 ·
his dog BROWN SUGAR is a chocolate, silver factored lab.

heres a quote of his. sad they are taking advantage of them just because they can't see!
"They are a guide school for the blind that has already bought three puppies from me and are waiting to purchase more."

#15 ·
There is a 'breeder' in Mississippi that registers them as chocolate and advertises them in the Farmers Bulletin as 'silver'. Makes me wonder why AKC never checks those kennels. Oh well, money is green.

#17 ·
Yep, those are the nicest looking Weimaraners I have ever seen- coming from a Lab person of course, lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.